Y. Itadori - Hero

Start from the beginning

You continue sitting there, eyes growing weary from being awake for so long. Even your body was shaking under the strain of keeping yourself conscious. When you hear distant bangs and yells, it takes all you have to lift your head up. You definitely don't look too good.

"Where is Y/N?!" You hear a voice shout, causing you to groan at the loud sound.

There's more yelling, probably filled with threats and dramamtic monologues, but soon enough you hear hurried footsteps approaching you.

Mahito jogs into the room, a nasty smile on his face as he runs up and stands in front of you, waving jazz hands over your face. Itadori enters the room soon after, angry eyes spying Mahito and you.

"Tada! Here they are!" Mahito says once Itadori registers the situation. "That doesn't mean that they'll be in your hands anytime soon though."

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Itadori shouts, face screwed up with concern.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good. Tired as hell." You say lightly.

He smiles, shaking his head. "I'm happy that you're still the same!"

"Aren't you two cute." Mahito cuts in, placing his hand on your head and flexing his fingers into your skin.

You see Itadori seem to freeze at this, face melting into a painful and reminiscent expression. He looked to be remembering something, and you could guess what it is.

"Yuji." He looks at you when you speak up. "It's fine. Just hurry your ass up and get us out of here."

The pink haired boy nods in determination, turning back to look at Mahito. It seems that they both have the same thought, because they charge at eachother with vigor. You're happy that Mahito gets his dirty hand off of you, but it's not like you want him to put it anywhere near Itadori.

Straining against the bonds holding you down, you keep a keen eye on the situation in front of you. They're pretty much just going at it, but Mahito seems strangely hesitant. You're assuming that he's scared of Sukuna.

The chains rub and cut your wrists as you pull yourself as hard as you can. Your weak body is making this hard enough as it is, and the chains are durable.

Itadori lands a couple good hits on Mahito's chest, making him heave and re-stabalize his position. It looks like Itadori has the upper hand, but Mahito hasn't pulled out any manipulation tricks yet which concerns you.

There are more footsteps in the distance, and you can make out the playful whistle that Gojo always does when he's about to join a risky situation. So he's here too, it seems. Gojo could've come alone and take you without any need for a fight, but you're assuming Itadori persisted. Fucking idiot.

As Gojo rounds the corner, you see Mahito hesitate slightly, causing Itadori to land a punch to his face. The curse user stumbles, moving a hand to his nose. He smiles, faking bashfulness.

"Oh jeez." Mahito whines. "That's my sign to leave."

"What? Just like that?" You ask, finally relaxing against the wall.

"I don't want to deal with that." He replies, waving his hand in Gojo's direction.

Gojo smiles back, sticking his tongue out playfully. He doesn't advance as Mahito takes his leave, which doesn't shock you. It never seemed as if Gojo was the one to provoke a fight. He probably didn't want to seem less cool by doing that.