Twenty Four

Mulai dari awal

"Off limits." I spoke seriously.

"Excuse me?" His forehead scrunched together as he frowned.

"I said she's off limits." I tightened my grip around her waist.

She looked up at me with an eye roll. "Blake Myers." She held her hand out toward him.

He looked at me as I gave him a death glare. He knew not to touch her or speak to her by the look on my face. Instead, he gave her a smile and walked away. He knew not to interact with her, she was mine.

She dropped her hand. "Why would you do that." She faced me crossing her arms.

"Do what?" I acted clueless.

"Be an asshole, once again. I'm not some girl you have to keep sheltered."

"I'm not sheltering you; I'm keeping you safe."

"Like hell you are!"

I ignored her as she continued talking, calling me all sorts of names. I let it slide, because I'll handle that attitude and mouth later.

We approached the table my parents and Nora were sitting at.

"Where have you guys been?" My mother asked as she sipped on her glass of wine.

"Talking to a few people." I responded pulling Blake's chair out for her.

"Good. People need to get familiar with Blake being by your side."

I rather people not know who she is. Plus, if I get my hands on Luis tonight, we wouldn't have to get married, she could leave the empire and live her life. Even though... never mind.

Colton made it to the table taking a seat beside me. He eyed me, giving me a thumb ups, letting me know everything was good. I didn't have to watch my back or make sure Luis wasn't aiming a gun at my head from afar. Security has strict orders of no guns allowed inside the building, but of course only I and a certain amount of people inside had them.

Everyone was patted down intensely before entering, we couldn't risk anything.

"How did you guys ID him?" I asked Colton.

"Skull tattoo right in the center of his forehead. And he wrote Luis on the sign in log."

Why is this being extremely too easy. "How can we be sure he isn't a fake?"

I didn't need any fuck ups. Tonight, could be the night I take him down and I didn't need anything to go wrong. Nobody really knew what Luis looked like, but how his men and him had skull tattoos. But there were a few details about his appearance given out.

"As of right now, Im 50% sure."

I nodded. Colton has never let me down before. So, I didn't need to question him any further.

The speaker on stage talked about nonsense that I didn't really care about. I kept my eyes opened looking for Luis, that's the only reason I came to this shit.

I was bored and needed a distraction. I looked toward Blake to see her listening to the speaker. Of course, she was interested in whatever the hell he was saying.