8. Serendipity

T A E H Y U N G

I looked down at the picture in my hand. I had managed to retrieve it from the American man. Jungkook looked ethereal. The name still sounded unusual rolling on my tongue.

"All the passengers please put on your seatbelts, we are ready to land." The announcement over the speakers rang. I had taken up the first flight from Incheon airport, thanks to Rosé's dad. Now here I was halfway through my journey. I had to change flights. For a person who has never even been on a train on his own, I was daring too much. I was so thankful to myself for knowing English well.

I also got to know that usually the luggage is directly transferred to the joining flight but today was an unlucky day and I would have to do it by myself. I wish I had taken upon my mum's advice to take someone along with me, but I had no time to wait for another ticket and all the documentation. My Bunny needed me, and I had to go for him.

───※ ·❆· ※───

T A E H Y U N G

I crashed into someone as I ran to the luggage counter, both of us falling to the ground, my luggage drifting on wheels. I hurriedly stood up catching my trolley. "Mianhe," I said, on second thought adding, "I'm sorry, I was in a hurry," I said giving a small bow to the masked stranger, before turning to the luggage counter.

"Tiger?" A single word that made me freeze in place. I turned around as if pulled by the red string. I took in the face I'd been staring at my journey, but in person, it looked more angelic, if that was possible. My knees gave away under me, and I was pulled to the ground. The tears I had held back so long now fell uncontrollably. Through my blurred vision, I saw the stranger behind the letters kneel down besides me, his eyes welling up as well. And just like that, we both sat in the middle of an airport, staring at the faces behind our letters, for what seemed like hours.

─※ ·❆· ※─

J U N G K O O K

"How did you know it was me?"

We had come into a café at the airport, my cappuccino remained untouched as Taehyung sipped on his chocolate Frappuccino, I found it quite funny that he didn't like coffee, how's that even physically possible? He looked relax as if hadn't just missed a plane, even though there was no point in boarding a plane now that the person he wanted to meet was right here. His long fingers curved around the glass, the same way they must have held a pen when he wrote to him. There was no way of defining his face, his sharp jawline could cut through paper, his shoulders wide and giving away a hard stance while his chocolate brown eyes were soft as they came.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes; he must be just as tired as me then. He didn’t look it, his skin was golden and healthy, his hair smooth and well-kempt.

"You wore the same perfume." That made him blush.

"You recognized me just by my scent?"

"It was a shot in the dark, but it was worth a try."

"And how'd you know it was me?" I asked as I was surprised myself when he had dissolved in a puddle of tears just because of one word. He stood up retrieving his wallet from his back pocket. He rummaged through it and pulled a piece of paper out. He glanced at it once before turning it towards me. It was a picture of me standing in a studio, with a small forceful smile, wearing a white shirt.