13 - Sizzle

Sofia had posed for Alan twice more. When he asked her to do another book cover, she arrived early, and he pointed to the partition. Hanging on the hook was a satin nightgown. The spaghetti string straps weaved through the back of the gown and tied similarly to laces in a shoe. The pale blue complimented her coloring, but she felt conspicuously naked dressed in the flimsy material.

Beyond the screen, Alan laughed, and she heard a male's deep laugh.

"Sofia, come out, darling."

Taking a deep breath, she emerged from her privacy.

Alan stood with a perfectly gorgeous man. "I told you she's perfect."

The man didn't hide his head to toe assessment of her. She reciprocated as she took in his broad chest and narrow waist. She had been having hot dreams about the triste man, but the man in front of her was chiseled beauty.

"Jace, Sofia. You'll be together for the shoot. Jace just take off your shirt and shoes."

She watched as he took his shirt off. He stood in just his jeans, which rode down his hips, leaving a glimpse of his designer boxer above the denim waistband. It took every ounce of willpower to tear her eyes away from the spot where his defined abs disappeared behind the waistband.

Alan rubbed his hands together. Averting her eyes, she noticed he replaced the settee with a bed. A wave of uneasiness washed through her.

"What do I have to do?"

Alan laughed. "It's not porn." She let out her held breath. "Start standing. Jace, hold her hips. Good, now, nuzzle into her neck. Sofia, look like you're in love with him."

He smelled so good, she might be in love with him. His pheromones caused her pulse to race. She wanted to arch into him.

Alan gave directions and she or Jace moved a hand or head as he told them. Meanwhile, his camera clicked constantly.

"Okay, let's try a few on the bed."

Jace smiled. "Don't worry. We should grab a drink when we're done."

"Sure." She wouldn't pass up an opportunity to spend time with the hot man.

She posed, reclining against Jace's hard body. The last position was the most awkward with Jace on top of her, propped up on his elbows. He apologized for crushing her.

Once changed into her own clothing, Alan handed them each an envelope and Jace held the door for her on the way out.

"Not bad for a few hours of work." His voice was deep. "You up for a drink?"

"Sure."

They walked towards Huntington Ave. together. He pointed to a restaurant, and she nodded. At four, the place was almost empty. They sat at a table in the bar and a server materialized out of thin air. She ordered a cranberry martini and him a Sam Adams.

"Do you work for Alan a lot?"

He shrugged. "It's an easy gig. He works around my schedule. I do some acting and other modeling."

"I'd like to do some legitimate modeling."

Jace smirk. "You think Al isn't legitimate."

"What are these books? Why so many covers? I can't imagine a publisher like Roche-Sumner using a guy like him."

He laughed. "They're for independent authors. What do you know about publishers?"

"Nothing. I met a Sumner once."

Somehow red wine had been split on Mrs. Sumner's dress, and Bea brought her to the kitchen. Her husband followed behind and watched while Sofia sprang to action and blotted the stain. The man and his wife were so appreciative they slipped her money.