Ch. 42 - Snow and Sorries

Start from the beginning

Half an hour later at some park path, Hunter swept off a snow-covered bench. He stared off into the white woods as he sat down.

Throwing his head back, Hunter watched as the sky began to lightly snow. He couldn't help it as tears started to flow.

He hated how helpless he felt since he didn't know what to do. It felt like he was out of options. Hunter wiped away the tears and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw movement coming from the woods.

His eyes scanned the woodland for movement. He thought he might've been seeing things when suddenly something moved out from behind a tree. A wolf.

The wolf had hints of blond in its white fur that Hunter believed could only belong to Aj. The wolf was definitely an alpha and was the size of a werewolf.

Hunter watched as the wolf started to shift and he covered his eyes knowing he could end up seeing things he didn't want to.

"I got undergarments on you're fiiiine," Aj dragged out, chuckling.

The only clothing wear that could survive a shift were skin-tight clothes that most wolves wore under their normal clothes. Alongside them, many wore a bag that fits on their back that kept all of their clothes and personal belongings in. Some even had specials one that tied to a leg/arm.

Hunter kept his eyes shielded as Aj changed into sweats.

"There I'm safe to look at," He continued to chuckle.

Aj sat on the bench beside him in gray sweatpants and sweatshirts.

"You look terrible," Aj said taking all of Hunter in.

"Thanks," Hunter groaned.

"Sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud," Aj sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

The two sat there not talking to each other in awkward silence. Aj and Max truly were perfect for each other when it came to awkward silences.

"Look I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I am sorry for the trouble I've caused," Aj suddenly spoke up. "Nothing I do now can earn your forgiveness but I am sorry for bullying you for so long."

"It's not fine so to speak," Hunter said. "But I'm not angry about it anymore."

"Oh,"

The two sat there again. Awkwardly.

"A lot of my problem was my dad," Aj spoke up. "I was part of the problem too, don't get me wrong. We fought a lot and I guess I took it out on you for some reason. He was always stressing me out and with us, it's like talking to two brick walls. Neither of us would budge." Aj chuckled.

"I don't know why I'm telling you all of this. You just seem like a good listener I guess?" Aj continued.

"I don't mind," Hunter said. "I understand where you are coming from."

Aj smiled at him. "Well we're in family counseling now and I have a therapist as well after Max suggested one. Dad and I are both working on our anger issues and it has helped our relationship."

"That's good." Hunter smiled. In the back of his head, he hoped maybe one day him and his father could come to an understanding. He wasn't about to get his hopes up.

The two sat in now comfortable silence before Aj seemingly remembered what he came here to do.

"Max told me about the whole demon thing too," Aj brought up.

"I know,"

"Well here," Aj handed Hunter a bag of tea from his backpack. "I was on my way to your house to give you this. I caught your sent in the middle of the woods and decided to follow it. But wolves drink this tea when their mates have to go away on business and stuff. It helps fight against the mate bond pains and stuff. One cup a day should be enough and will last you around 2 months."