𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲𝟬 || To Love

Emery choked on her breath.

"Wh-what?" she spluttered.

Sirius moved closer to her.

"I love you," Sirius whispered. 

"But you said-"

Sirius groaned, clutching his hair. "Bloody hell, Emery, can't you see? When I told McGonagall that we were out of bed together, you seemed so repulsed by the thought of us together, that I thought you don't see me in that way" he ranted. 

"When I told you I love you at the Quidditch game you looked so offended that I had to add 'as a friend' after it, can't you see? I was scared to lose your friendship by admitting my feelings," he huffed. 

"And last night..." He ran a hand through his hair. "Last night Marlene was helping me choose a birthday gift for you."

He stepped closer to her.

"I'm in love with you, and I thought you don't love me back. I tried to tell you, but I thought I'd ruin our friendship.."

Emery caught him off guard by throwing herself on him and pressing her lips to his.

Sirius stopped dead, then gently snaked his arms around her waist, before slowly responding into the kiss.

His heart was miles away, soaring high on cloud nine.

Emery didn't know what made her suddenly kiss him, but she didn't want to stop. Her lips were numb, and tingling with intensity, and she pulled him closer, before slowly unlatching herself from him.

"I love you too," she breathed.

Those four words were all it took for Sirius to attack her lips once more, savoring each second they touched.

Finally, they broke apart, both grinning madly and blushing.

"You do?" he asked softly.

She nodded shyly, as Sirius tucked a stray bit of blonde hair behind her ear.

"You look so beautiful," Sirius murmured, kissing her cheek softly.

"Thanks," she murmured into his chest, drinking in his scent.

Sirius pulled apart from her. "Happy birthday," he said softly, taking out a box from his pocket, and handing it to Emery.

"But-"

"Shhh," he hushed. "Just open it."

She gently opened the box, revealing a sterling silver necklace, sheer and delicate. It was glimmering in the dark evening, and had a tiny charm dangling from the chain.

The charm of her patronus; an eagle.

"It's beautiful," she muttered. "Thank you so much."

Sirius lifted it out from the box, then gently turned Emery around, her back facing him.

Slowly, he slipped the chain around her neck, his fingers grazing against Emery's bare skin in the process. She shivered, and the butterflies in her stomach multiplied by thousands.

After fastening the chain, he turned her around, slowly leaning over to press a kiss on her jaw, making her go weak in the knees.

"I love you, Mery," he whispered in her ear, shivers crawling down her spine.

With that, he lifted her up, hoisting her in the air, and throwing her over his shoulder, heading to the Room of Requirement where a party awaited the two.

That was who they were; Emery and Sirius.

Brought together by a hat.

THE END