𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟳 || To Celebrate

When Sirius saw Emery on the shoulders of her teammates, broomstick in one hand, the snitch in the other, he suddenly fell in love with her all over again.

The morning sun was lighting up her face, and reflecting off her hair in a godly way. 

She was smiling, and looking straight at him.

Sirius felt the sudden urge to kiss her.

The cheers around her were mute to Emery and she suddenly felt herself slipping into a reverie, where only she and Sirius seemed to exist.

His eyes met hers, and he was smiling, despite the fact that his team just lost.

She was drawn closer to him...

Emery clambered down from the shoulders of her team mates, running straight up to him, and hugging him tight.

Sirius hugged her back, holding in the desire to kiss her. Emery's arms were around his neck, and his waist, her hair was tickling his cheek, his body was pressed up against hers.

"I love you," Sirius blurted, loud and audible.

Emery spluttered in shock, pulling apart from him.

  Did he just-

Impossible.

She was suddenly soaring high, when Sirius added, "as a friend."

Everything stopped.

Oh, so that's what he meant.

Her hopes came crashing back down.

"I love you too," Emery said softly. "As a friend," she clarified, with a slight sad smile.

Sirius put his hands in his pockets, then smiled, pointing behind her.

She turned around, seeing her parents, arm in arm as they beamed at her.

She ran, dropping everything, and enveloping them both into an embrace.

"You were brilliant out there, darling," said her mother, smiling as she touched Emery's shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you," beamed her father, kissing her forehead.

Artemis pulled Emery to the side, away from the watchful eyes of the crowd, who had lined up before him, asking for his autograph.

Mr. Fowl signed their shirts for them, then left a group of girls squealing as they fangirled over the fact that THE Artemis Fowl had just signed their shirts.

Emery looked at Primrose, then back at Artemis, thankful she was away from the rest of the school for once, even though it was just for a little while.

"We have a gift for you, darling," whispered her father, bending down to her level.

Emery looked at her mother, who was smiling.

Emery stood in silence, waiting for her father to speak. "We're so proud of you, my love," he started. 

"I owe it all you you and Mama," she said, truthfully, looking right at them. 

Her mothers hand was on her father's shoulder, and Artemis was clutching both of Emery's hands.

"Sweetheart," her father began. He looked at Primrose.

She opened her hand bag, taking out a white shirt from it, then handing it to Artemis.

"This is for you," said Artemis, giving her the shirt, placing in in her hands.