𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟳 || To Find a Hat

A week had passed since Emery dreamt of her father.

According to her, it was the slowest week she'd ever had at Hogwarts. The reason being her misery. Although she was making a big deal of losing her hat, the main reason of her misery was that she finally felt the absence of her father. 

True, she lost him when she was eleven, and quite some time had passed since that date. She had spent six years in his absence, but the void only felt empty now.

Pranks had stopped, her food had gone low, and she barely spoke to anyone, not even Peeves and Cecilia.

Cecy, on the other hand, tried her hardest to coax Emery out of her mood, and often did funny things to make her laugh. But not once did Emery even smile. She spent all day in silence, or crying secretly.

Cecilia had a secret. She hadn't told Emery, and Emery had no idea that Cecy was keeping something from her. Usually, it was very difficult to keep a secret from Emery, who could solve anything, and everything within a matter of seconds.

Except the strange note.

The note that came with her hat.

Emery carried it everywhere she went. If it was not in her pocket, then it was in her bag, if not in her bag, then in between one of her books. She had gotten no closer to solving it than before, and she hoped she could find a clue of some sorts in the Hogwarts library.

It was this that kept her busy.

She searched all the books in the Hogwarts library for any lead, but with no positive result. She spent all of her time in the library, or in her dormitory, and felt like a walking and talking puppet with no strings.

She even ate her meals all alone in the kitchen, and sneaked out after curfew either to the astronomy tower, or the kitchens.

That gave her solitude.

She was able to cry all she wanted, and be alone with her thoughts, where nobody could disturb her, or annoy her.

It was a week that felt long.

Monday passed, then Tuesday came even slower. Wednesday travelled at snail-speed. Thursday felt like a double lesson of History of Magic. Finally, Friday came.

Emery was heading to Herbology, the last lesson of the day, and Cecy was chatting animatedly with the rest of the Ravenclaw girls.

They were talking of the upcoming Christmas ball.

According to Emery, the ball was still three months away, and she found no need to start talking of makeup and dresses so early.

But Cecy and the other girls were different from her, so she just let them be.

Herbology was held with the Slytherins. Professor Sprout had arranged them all into partners, each from different houses.

Emery was paired up with Narcissa Black, whose mother was quite well acquainted with Emery's.

Narcissa and Emery got on quite well together. They were supposed to collect the juice from puffapod plants, and make sure they didn't damage the flower while doing so.

At last, Herbology ended, taking away all the weeks stress with it. Emery was free, even if it was just a a couple of days.

As the bell rang, she gathered her things and rushed out of the greenhouse and up to her dormitory, not watching where she was going.