𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴 || To Evade an Awkward Moment

What Emery did next, was completely, utterly and irrevocably awkward and unexpected for both herself, and Sirius Black.

She hugged him.

Before he could reciprocate the embrace, she realized that she just hugged a complete stranger and quickly pulled away from him, her cheeks a deep shade of red.

"Oops," she said giddily, "I'm- I'm really sorry about that. Umm, thanks. For finding my hat, you know. I'll just go now, yeah?" she stuttered out, then placed the hat on her head.

And then she ran.

"Hey," called Sirius, "You forgot your books." He stood up and jogged after her, carrying her books in his hand as he sped through the castle, trying to spot her running figure.

But Emery didn't hear him, nor did she want to hear him. She had long gone disappeared through the corridors, and past the Ravenclaw common room.

It was only when she reached her dormitory that she slowed down, heavily breathing from running at top speed.

On seeing her messily made bed, she dropped her had on her bedside and flopped on the duvet, her feet hanging down from the side of the bed she was sprawled on.

Her heartbeat subsided slowly, and she took a deep breath as she recalled that awkward moment. Each time she thought of it, her heart gave a funny jolt, and she felt her cheeks turn red.

She tried to forget it, but each time she closed her eyes, she could see Sirius' stormy gray eyes looking confusingly at her. 

Steadily, she closed her eyes, and decided to take a nap before dinner, thoroughly tired of her day.

Meanwhile, Sirius was combing the castle of any trace of the blonde. He asked various students if they'd seen her, one who happened to be Cecilia. 

Cecilia was curious, since she'd never seen Emery speak to him before. But after learning that he needed to return her forgotten books, she informed him that Emery was sleeping.

Needless to say, he turned to give Cecilia Emery's books, but again, they fell from his grasp. Sirius rushed to pick them up, until he saw the same note he had seen Emery with. 

The note with the unsolvable strange symbols. 

Without thinking about it, he just slipped it in his pocket, his curiosity getting the better of him, as he had the sudden urge to find out who wrote the letter.

He didn't know what came over him, except the fact that he hoped Emery wasn't in any trouble. For absolutely no reason.

Yes, he cared about her, and he himself didn't know why.

Perhaps it was because she had stopped pranking this week. 

That's probably why.

Emery was so tired throughout the day, she didn't even realize she overslept. She missed dinner, and only woke up way after curfew.

She looked at the clock in her dormitory. It was half past eleven. 

Emery sighed as her stomach gave a loud grumble.

She was hungry, and she had no option but to give the house elves a little visit. Perhaps they'd be able to whip something up for her, she thought.

She changed into something more comfortable, and slipped out from the dormitory, not even realizing that one person from the dormitory was missing.

Cecilia Wood.

a/n: I published a new fanfiction called GARDENIA: CECY'S STORY for anyone who wants to read. It's all about Cecilia Wood. I highly recommend it, if you'd like to know all of Cecy's secret. I update quite often. thanks.