Chapter 20

The show started as it normally would, playing through the things that happened in the previous week. Everyone crowded around finding places to sit, while Angie handed out blankets for people to lay on, since so many of them had moved to the floor. Shuichi fanned his face trying to get the redness to dissipate. He wants to believe he didn't walk in on what he thinks he did, but there was just no doubting what Miu and Kokichi had been doing. The noises coming from the phone explained it perfectly.

He glanced over at Kokichi, who was arguing with Kaito. He wasn't sure why something about hogging cheese dip. His mind was in too many other places for him to actually pick up the conversation. The scenario played over once more in his head. Walking into the guest bedroom, Miu looking up at him like a deer caught in headlights, Kokichi jumping and dropping the phone, allowing the audio to play while he scrambled to pick it up.

Despite his original embarrassment, the more he thought about it the funnier the situation became. Had he really walked in on them watching x-rated videos? As his brain struggled to figure out why, he couldn't stop the quiet laugher that erupted from him.

"Kokichi," he chuckled out. Kokichi turned to him, clearly trying to seem nonchalant. "What were you doing?"

Kokichi tilted his head up in the air and crossed his legs. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yeah sure," he chided rolling his eyes. It was pointless to ask, he knew Kokichi wouldn't say anything.

Kirumi had decided to make a small table of food on the floor so fewer people would have to get up during the show. Angie walked around her set up, her frame completely hidden by the number of blankets she was carrying.

"Blanket?" she offered, trying to wiggle one out of the pile.

He wasn't cold, but it might serve to make him more comfortable, during the unsettling episode it was sure to be. "Sure." Shuichi took the blanket from Angie, struggling to unearth it from the middle. It was then he realized that this wasn't a blanket, it was a mattress covering. Angie must not have had enough blankets for everyone, so she took to stripping the beds.

He shook the cover out. He wanted to lay it over Kokichi too, and was just about to before he thought about it. Would that be too couple-ly? Who cares he decides, as he drapes it over him and Kokichi, everyone already knew now anyway.

Which is something he should probably tell Kokichi judging by the alarmed look on his face. "They already know, it's okay."

Kokichi let out a breath, pulling the cover over him tighter. "You told them?"

"No Kaede did," he pointed down at Kaede, who was sitting in front of him. She turned around at the sound of her name still pouting.

"I still feel awful, I'm sorry Kokichi it was an accident." Kaede rolled onto her knees, touching Kokichi's leg, with her head bowed.

Kokichi shrugged. "Meh, it's whatever. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see people's reactions though. "He picked at his nails, shifting from uninterested to dramatic. "Tell me! Was everyone shocked? Did they cry out with terror? Did someone fight for my hand instead? I must know!" Kokichi bent back, a hand flying to his forehead like a distressed maiden. Shuichi snorted, accepting the bowl of popcorn Rantaro was handing him.

"No," Kaede giggled, her spirits lifting some.

"Damn, I really was hoping some people would get riled up." Kokichi stuck a hand out of the covers, motioning him to bring the popcorn closer. "How did it go with Kaito and Maki though."

"They said they already knew," he sighed. Honestly, he didn't want a bad reaction, but at least a little shock would have been nice. Was he just unaware of being that obvious? "They just wanted to know about the plate."