Chapter 16

"Ahhh~! Are you Serious!" Shuichi held the phone away from him, ear still ringing.

"Jeez Kaede, you're going to take my ear off," he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just so happy for you!"

Shuichi looked up staring at the pretty clouds, taking in the morning air. "I know, I think this is the happiest I've been in a while."

"Aw, Shuichi-" Kaede gasped, stopping in the middle of her sentence.

"What, what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, I just got the best idea!"

"Kaede..." he spoke cautiously.

"Don't worry about it, I'll text you it later after I ask Rantaro."

"Ask him what?"

"Bye! I'll talk to you later!" Shuichi looked at his phone, the 'call end' blinking at him. Shuichi had woken up early this morning to texts from Kaede about finally getting together with Rantaro. It was funny that they both had the same news, so Shuichi gave her a call to tell her.

Shuichi climbed back inside the window from the fire escape, stepping over the desk, and walking to the bathroom. Everything felt so bright this morning, he felt so relaxed it almost stressed him out.

He could have sworn that Kokichi was still asleep, but when he opened the door, Kokichi was standing there, shirtless and applying his medicine. Kokichi glanced up at him, but otherwise had no complaints about him walking in.

"Good morning," Kokichi hummed.

"'Morning," he smiled. "I didn't mean to walk in on you, I thought you were still sleeping. I'll leave if you want me to."

"It's okay, you can stay." Kokichi rubbed the lotion into his waist.

Shuichi eyed the medicine on the counter, eyes drifting back over to Kokichi's lean frame.

He picked up the bottle squeezing a little into his hand. Kokichi watched him move curiously, his breath catching in his chest as Shuichi slid his hand down the side of him. Taking his time to rub the medicine in thoroughly.

Shuichi couldn't help be reminded of the other time he had done this for Kokichi. His heart rate picking up when Kokichi let out a soft sigh.

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to though," Shuichi smirked, watching Kokichi's eyes in the mirror. His fingers stalled on, Kokichi's hips, dipping into his waist and back up again.

Shuichi rubbed over Kokichi's shoulder and felt the need to lean down and kiss it. He usually would have ignored those thoughts, but he was allowed to act on them now, right?

Kokichi's eyes fluttered open when he felt the soft kiss on his shoulders, shivers running down his spine. "I don't think I'll ever get used to this."

"To what? Affection?" Shuichi closed the cap on the medicine, moving Kokichi's shirt off the sink, and putting toothpaste on his brush, like he originally came in here for.

"Yeah."

"Should I not have done that," Shuichi frowned.

"No, I liked it. I'm just not used to it. Just promise me one thing." Kokichi held out his pinky finger. "Promise me that we won't turn into a Tenko and Himiko."

"If that ever happens, I give you permission to sell my kidneys." Shuichi took ahold of Kokichi's pinky with his own and shook it. "So, are we-"

"Dating?" Kokichi supplied. "Do you want to be?"