Chapter 13

Shuichi squirmed where he was laying, an elbow stabbing him in the ribs. He was so uncomfortable, there was a dull ache in his back and his pants felt stiff. Grumbling softly, he rolled over expecting the soft expanse of his bed instead, he fell hard onto the floor, letting out a shrill yelp and waking up instantly.

"Ouch," he wheezed, pushing himself into a sitting position. Shuichi's brain felt like a broken record player struggling to start, but soon enough the record started spinning, and the memories of last night flowed into his head like a song.

"Oh god!" Shuichi's eyes bulged, a hand covering his dropped jaw. Did that really happen? Did they really do that? Shuichi spared a glance up at the couch, where a knocked-out Kokichi slept, his hair and clothes disheveled.

He gathered himself off the ground and hurriedly staggered into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. The reflection in the mirror couldn't possibly be him, because if that were the case, he looked just as messy as Kokichi. His hair was frizzy and knotted, and he didn't even want to acknowledge the uncomfortableness in his pants.

There was a faint red mark on his jaw, he touched it lightly and the image of Kokichi biting him flitted into his mind. Shuichi blushed at the memory, everything felt so unreal, like a fantasy. It was hard to believe it even happened. A small smile formed on his lips that he couldn't help. Does this mean Kokichi reciprocates his feelings?

Sure, Shuichi probably would have preferred that happen differently, but he's spent enough time dreading the past. Last night felt like something special, he can only hope it means the same to Kokichi.

He turned on the faucet splashing himself with some water. As the water turned warm he placed a rag under the water and pulled off his shirt. There were little scratch marks on his back, he didn't even notice Kokichi leaving those. Shuichi scrunched up his face with disgust as he reached for his pants. Maybe he should just take a shower that would be easier. He pulled back the shower curtain and twisted the knob, the spray of the water hissing out.

Three knocks sounded at the bathroom door, causing him to jump, heart speeding up from the unexpected noise.

"U-uh who is it?"

"It's just me," Kaede's voice filtered through. He let out a relieved sigh, walking over to the door, unlocking it, and opening it just a crack.

"Is everything okay?" He angled his body strategically, so only his head poked out of the door.

"Yeah, of course. I just wanted to say bye before I left. I have a class at noon and I want to get changed and take a shower at home." Guilt coursed through him, Kaede looked very tired. If he had known she had class he wouldn't have kept her out so late.

"Ah, how's the hangover? I have some pain reliever in the kitchen if you need some."

"I'm okay, I'll just take some at home," she giggled. How she manages to stay so cheery and positive in the morning, Shuichi's not sure. "Are you alright? You look a little pale."

Shuichi squeezed the doorknob a little tighter. "I'm fine, just tired."

"Ugh me too. Miu was kicking me the whole night!"

"Figures, she would be a ruthless sleeper," he snorts.

"I'll let you get back to your shower, I'm going to get going."

"Bye! Text me when you get home, so I know you're safe."

"Got it." Kaede walks off with a thumbs up.

He hears the apartment door open, and then slam shut. He closed the bathroom door, looking himself over again in the mirror, before taking off the rest of his disgusting clothes and hopping into the hot water.