Chapter 10

"No way!"

"I know right. That's what I thought when I first saw it."

Shuichi groaned in frustration, eyes narrowing as he glared over at Kokichi and Miu chatting endlessly.

They were currently seated at a small wooden table in the back of a book café, books, treats, and tea surrounding them. Shuichi went to the café in hopes to be more productive and get his work done, but Kokichi had begged to come along saying he was too bored to stay home. Somehow Miu ended up roped into coming as well.

The rest of their week had been just as boring as the beginning, doing nothing other than playing with Mischief and streaming the rest of the Danganronpa game. So, when Shuichi received an email from the place he used to work, asking him to continue writing for them, the offer seemed intriguing.

It's not like he needs the money from the job, Team Danganronpa ensured that they wouldn't need to worry about money for a while, he was just so bored, he might as well give journalism a shot. So far it hadn't been going that bad, Shuichi took his time to review his past work so he could try and replicate his writing style. The only problem was getting distracted by Kokichi playing video games, he would scream and yell at the computer like it was the computer's fault for messing up his game. Given how small the apartment was, there weren't many places he could go to get away from the noise. That's why he decided to go to a book café Friday morning, but he only succeeded in bringing the noise with him.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be Miu?" he asked, leaning back in the wooden chair, taking a long sip of herbal tea.

"Mm~ nope!" Miu replied happily, not understanding the true meaning behind his question.

Shuichi sighed resting his head on both of his hands, staring at the blinking line on his laptop where he stopped mid-sentence. Miu and Kokichi went back to talking, showing things to each other on their phones, and being shushed by a person at another table. Shuichi's eyes focused on Kokichi, who was putting on a theatrical performance, his arms waving wildly and his legs laid across Miu. Miu pushed his legs off and smacked him in the forehead, sending them off into one of their ranting tangents.

Shuichi found himself smirking, he doesn't think he'll ever understand the two of them, but in an unlikely way, they're good friends for each other. Kokichi's smile was starting to make him feel a bit light-headed, so he turned away and went back to writing. A little bit of a distraction wasn't too bad he supposed, besides he was almost done and he doesn't have to submit it till later that night.

"You never told me what they wanted you to write about Shuichi." Kokichi's voice filtered into his ears, his head lifting again.

"Oh, it's just about society and the effects of idolizing celebrities. I'm not used to writing, but it's kind of like putting together a case file, so I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"Aw look at you getting the hang of it." Kokichi picked up a sweet roll from the table and held it out to Shuichi. "Want it?"

"No thanks."

"I'm surprised they didn't fire you though. You haven't got in contact with them in weeks, you must have been a really good journalist for them to want you back," Kokichi said, retracting his arm and putting the sweet roll into his mouth.

Shuichi let out a drawn hum, cracking his neck and stretching in the process. "I think it's more like they just wanted my name to be involved in their company."

"Oh you mean how we're like celebrities now," Miu chimed in. It's true they were like celebrities of some sort. Everywhere Shuichi went he would be recognized or asked for a photo. That's part of the reason he didn't like leaving his apartment too often. Of course, it was only natural for them to have fans, they were on a global television show, which was apart of a franchise with millions of fans.