XIX | Guilty

CHAPTER NINETEEN | BE HADES

______

"MY, YOU'VE GOTTEN FAT."

Genevieve gasped, sending Jonas a glare as the blonde fastened the clips on the lace gown. With a large blow, Genevieve moved the hairs from her face that fell lazily, due to her new haircut.

Her once waist-length chocolate locks were chopped into soft curls to her shoulders and shaggy bangs outlined her once visible forehead.

"Shut up," sneered Genevieve as she patted her waist, visibly noticing it had changed its size for a few centimeters. Switching her gaze towards the bedroom's entrance, she gave a small smile towards her maid, Rose.

"Could you please be a dear, and get me a strawberry-tuna sandwich," Genevieve asked, clasping her hands together, a pout forming on her face. Watching as Rose gave her a curt nod and disappeared through the bedroom's doors.

Jonas took the opportunity and slapped Genevieve's arm while sending her a nasty glare.

"Ow, what the fuck was that for?" The brunette cried as she rubbed her arm, solemnly. Not forgetting to send her blonde friend her own glower.

"Since when have you liked strawberries?" Interrogated Jonas, her hands maneuvering a needle and thread, carefully finishing the dress's touch ups. "Actually, no—since when have you started eating bread?"

Genevieve smoothed the front of the dress, her eyes tracing around her body. "Since I wanted to fucking eat it. What's your problem anyway?"

She looked behind her towards a concentrated Jonas, and gave her a pleading look, "Tighter."

"Tighter?" Jonas gawked, her hands reaching for the corset's laces, carefully unweaving them from the grommets. Wrapping her hands tightly around the ribbons, Jonas bit her lip as she pulled the girdle tighter causing a large gasp to fall from Genevieve's throat.

Her chest heaved upwards as she adjusted to the her now stitched waist, finally noticing it had reached her normal body size.

"Are you seriously going to go with a dress you can barely breathe in?" Jonas asked, stepping away, she grabbed her chin examining the gown—smiling in satisfaction when she noticed the touch ups were perfect.

Genevieve carefully walked down the steps of the small stage she was standing at, letting the sides of the glimmering gown topple next to her sides as she walked. "It's not the dress, it's that my menstrual cycle is coming and I'm bloated."

"Puh-lease," dragged Jonas, rolling her eyes while flipping her hand dramatically, "your period is more irregular than my vitamin routine—you could have never successfully kept track of it."

True to her words, Genevieve had an irregular period, so uneven that I'd be considered a complete miracle for her to get one at least in a five-month time lapse. The number of pregnant scares were uncountable in her whole scamming 'career'.

"Well, no one asked you, Josephine Jones," the brunette bit back. Instinctively, she turned to face the mirror, a scowl evident on her features as she guided her fingers around her forehead, positioning her new bangs at a nice angle.