XV | Guilty

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | TEN YEARS

______

"GENEVIEVE!"

"Genevieve!"

"GENEVIEVE!"

The brunette's unconscious state immediately jerked forward when a feeling of cold water poured against her senseless face.

A bewildered expression took over Genevieve as she snapped her head towards various angles, spotting a small crowd thronging around her. A sense of claustrophobia sweeping over Genevieve, her hands immediately speeding trying to grab something, in help to calm her racing heart.

When reaching out, Genevieve felt a hand — it was gruff yet incredibly soft. Swiftly, Genevieve pulled the person tight, wrapping her arms around the person's neck.

Waves of shocks erupted through her body as the person reciprocated her actions by wrapping their arms around the brunette's waist.

In that second, Genevieve knew the person she latched onto was Elias.

No one had ever given her such a fluttery feeling. She could feel her insides twisting and curling in excitement, her arms framing themselves on countless amounts of goosebumps.

It scared her though.

Feeling such emotions were distant, Genevieve never had any certain affection in her twenty-two years of living and it sometimes hurt her.

Certainly, having someone constantly there for you was a foreign experience for Genevieve. All she had done in her life, all the people she's wronged wasn't entirely for pleasure — she did what she did to survive. Never, had she ever experienced someone not use her, so Genevieve did everything to be her own woman and to escape from them.

"Are you alright?" Elias murmured against her hair, his hands rubbing small circles on Genevieve's back, small electrifying tingles shooting from the tips of his fingers towards his back, the feeling never left. Yet, he loved it.

Genevieve didn't know how to respond, so instead, she held onto him even tighter. Her face burying itself on the crook of Elias' neck, she took the opportunity to sniff him.

Oh, he smelled amazing. You could tell Elias wasn't specifically a perfume person, and if he did wear it, the smell was subtle. Genevieve couldn't even describe the amazing smell, it was rustic and woodsy, hints of eucalyptus and mint enveloped with the forest fragrance. She couldn't help but inwardly swoon.

Small 'awws' could be heard around the couple, though Genevieve and Elias completely blocked them out, concentrating on each other.

Elias had to say the same as Genevieve. She also smelled amazing. Compared to his ruff rural aroma, she had a sweeter taste to it. Genevieve, albeit, was a perfume person. In fact, she loved them.

Mounds of designer perfumes were stacked in her closet. The brunette loved them so much, that she even collected mens fragrances. Secretly, although Genevieve has a special obsession with Dior's Sauvage — her belief being that it's aroma is Johnny Depp's constant fragrance.

Though, Elias could hint the natural whiff of faint roses and vanilla, one of his all time favorite scents.

It brought joy to the rest of the group as they watched Genevieve and Elias get close over the past couple of weeks and it certainly changed Genevieve.