𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟱 || To Lose a Player

Start from the beginning

At first, she downright refused, but after much coaxing, and pestering from Sirius and her teammates, she finally agreed to try out.

She tried for keeper, but she was quite lightweight, and the position didn't suit her very well. She made a decent seeker, so they filled her in as their last hope to make up for losing a player, if not, then to prevent their team from blatantly losing.

Wesley Boot, another seventh year, decided that he would trade himself to play keeper instead of seeker, and he wasn't all bad at being a keeper. 

With a couple of practices, the Ravenclaw team was as ready as it could get.

All except one player.

Emery Fowl.

Emery hadn't played quidditch since the day her father disappeared. It reminded her of him, and every time she did something so small as to go near a broom, she'd begin to cry.

Now that he was back, she decided to give it a try.

She wasn't all awful at flying, only thing was that she needed to get used to it.

She spent the rest of the evening practicing, and was too nervous to even eat dinner. After all, the entire fate of the game depended on her, not on anyone else, and since she was so rusty at flying, that only made her more nervous.

Amidst all of this drama, Emery had also read up on practicing the patronus charm, and whenever she was free, she'd say the incantation and try thinking of a memory happy enough.

Unfortunately, she proved to be unsuccessful so far.

While she couldn't sleep the night before the match, she decided she'd practice the patronus charm in the astronomy tower.

Not bothering to wear a dressing gown, she simply grabbed her wand and left for the astronomy tower, being extra careful not to be seen.

On reaching, she gazed at the view of the Black Lake, taking in the beauty of the scenery, before getting her wand ready to start practicing.

She enjoyed the environment of the astronomy tower, and found it the perfect place to practice. The most she had gotten was the silver wisp from her wand, but she hadn't gone further than that.

She thought of the time she got Marco, closed her eyes, chanted. "Expecto Patronum."

Nothing happened, save for a thin wisp of silvery light from the tip of her wand. Closing her eyes once more, she decided to choose a happier memory.

Halfway through her thoughts, she opened her eyes, feeling cold fingers slip around her waist, followed by a very familiar scent of firewhiskey and cigarettes.

She quickly opened her eyes, and when her eyes met Sirius' breathtaking grey eyes, she cursed inwardly why she didn't bring a dressing gown.

Sirius' eyes raked her slim figure, taking in every detail he could possibly encompass. She was wearing a slightly loose top made of a light rose silk, the bottom just grazing her thighs. Underneath, she had on a pair of shorts, similar to the ones he'd seen her in before. Her shoulders were bare due to the fact that her pajama top hung down her shoulders, outwardly displaying her defined collarbones. 

She was glowing, and Sirius couldn't help but think that she looked so beautiful standing in the moonlight, with her short blonde hair being blown from all sides by the light breeze.