My Happiness

Venti's POV

"Thank you for listening!" I say, smiling and waving to the people who are currently just cheering. There seems to have been more than last time and it just... keeps increasing. Perhaps I'm becoming famous..? 

"Venti! Can you sing us another one?" I hear one of the people in the crowd say out loud. Due to his request, people have also been asking for another one. Coming back to that thought, I probably shouldn't get ahead of myself just yet.

"Sure, but it's gonna cost you an apple~!" I wink at them as I take a seat on one of the apple carts placed on top of a table. I wait for their 'payment' but all of a sudden, almost 5 people threw apples at me. 

"Gyah~!" I yelp, getting hit by the apples that they threw. But once they saw that, they apologized. It seems that they didn't mean it but, they should at least know their own strength. Thought I was getting 'booed' off stage for a second there. I sigh.

"Listen well now~!" I shout out loud and then flash them a smile. Seeing mostly all of them smile in return made me really... happy. I close my eyes, breathe in and start strumming my lyre. 

Making little movements of my fingers really make the notes sing out loud. Neatly and calmingly recreating the notes and tunes of the song. It's peaceful sounds reverberate around the area and really spreading out the sound, making people who were listening to it, just close their eyes and feel it.

Coming closer to the end of the song, I open my eyes to see the expressions on people's faces. And as I thought, they were all completely immersed in the song. It made me smile and sigh in relief seeing them enjoy my music. I mean, I wasn't singing but at least they're enjoying it, right? 

I look around the area, turning my head round and round. Looks like he wasn't in sight. Thankfully, actually. If he was here, I wouldn't have focused on playing the lyre and just kept on staring at him.

I-I'm not the only one, right? There are other people who tend to lose their control over themselves when seeing the person they love. Plus, is a boy loving another boy really a bad or unusual thing? Mondstadt, the land of freedom, so of course I had the freedom to love who I want to love. 

I then stare at the crowd in front of me once again. I do tend to wonder what these people would think when they see me or hear me being in a relationship of the same gender. Would they hate me? Would they not listen to my songs and singing anymore? Such thoughts really made sleeping at night harder.