Time Passes

As their relationship grows further, time simply passes on by. Soon enough, days, weeks, months have passed after their little date at the mountaintop. In March, they finished the Windblume Festival with a bang. Beautiful dandelions fly up to the sky, decorations and cheers from all over Mondstadt spread through the city.

Of course, the Knights had a little private celebration with them only. And as expected, Venti and Aether were the main attraction. Mainly, questions, comments about their relationship and how it has progressed. Most specifically how far they both have gone with each other. Holding hands, kissing, hugging and so on and so forth.

The two of them got flustered, of course. But, they knew how to handle these sort of questions better when people were literally hitting them with it mostly every day. To the point that you can't really decipher if it's a genuine question or a tease. Venti and Aether mostly shrugged it off with a smile, slightly used to it.

June and July came along and Aether just continued exploring the world as it opened itself to him. There was the Golden Apple Archipelago that appeared to have popped out of thin air due to a certain person.

He had a good break in that beautiful beach type of area. Of course, he invited Venti over and they spend time having dates, discovering uncovered treasure, and the usual hilichurl camps for commissions, bounties and requests. 

And they have also celebrated Venti's birthday. The entirety of Mondstadt celebrated it. It was as if there was another Windblume Festival in place. Aether was mostly the one who suggested to do this since it was his lover's birthday. 

He wanted it to be the best and the most memorable for his lover. Venti, knowing how Aether has planned all of it so thoroughly, enjoyed himself greatly. Multiple parties, multiple drinking sessions involving Diluc, the one who made the drinks, Kaeya, Rosaria, Eula, and all who can choose to drink wine. As for those who are not yet able to, they merely drank juice, but still enjoyed being in the presence of the two.

After all the parties, they cleaned up, and everything went back to the way it was before. Again, the two of them managed to be on top of each other but, they never managed to proceed even further. It's either someone falls asleep or they both get flustered and it gets awkward or someone will say it isn't time yet. Soon enough, weeks, months pass by and Aether was getting more and more information about everything this world has to offer. 

Of course, they also celebrate other people's birthdays with a lots of happiness so, there's always some sort of celebration happening. Moving on, whenever Aether has the time, he goes back to Mondstadt to meet with Venti and Mona and have a little chat or catching up conversations. He also comes by Liyue to visit Childe and Zhongli to catch up with them as well so, that's mostly how months have been with him.

Paimon, on the other hand, has stayed with Aether. In adventures, new places to explore, holidays or events, but when he has free time, meaning Paimon is also free, she chooses to go to Mona where they talk about stars and everything else that Mona could come up with in a conversation.

Meanwhile, Venti has just been doing his daily routines. Singing to people, drinking wine, singing, and then fawning over Aether. Not much to do, not much to say as well. But he does sometimes spend his time walking all around Mondstadt's region. Visiting the Four Winds, and conversing with different people he's acquainted with when Aether isn't there.

Without a doubt, both of them still love each other very much. They haven't and will never fall in love with anyone else. No cheating, no affairs, no getting swept away with someone else. They both just fall in love with each other deeper and deeper. They haven't gone too far in bed, to say the least.

But then December came along and Aether has just gotten a huge problem. Christmas. How the hell was he supposed to celebrate Christmas with Venti. First of all, he's been planning to do something extremely big that will possibly increase their love for each other, if that's even possible. And that 'something 'is,

Marriage. 

Yes. He's planning to propose to Venti at December 25 and then celebrate until January 1. Maybe even live together but, he's really worried as to how he's going to do it. There was maybe 2 days and 1 night to put together everything but he's planned this out from the start of Decemeber until now.

Every time he went home, he paced back and forth, thinking about how to do this, where the right place is, and what is he going to do after. He planned on talking to Jean and the others for maybe confirmation, advice and everything else there's needed to be talked about. He knew that he couldn't talk to Mona as Venti was the one who was talking to her. Aether knew that if he said something to Mona, one way or another, it's going to be said to Venti.

But the other Knights were busy about their duties and everything else so, once again, he's alone. Now that the upcoming event is growing nearer, people's schedules have opened up so, he can finally use the remaining time to do whatever he needs to do.

Venti, on the other hand, has also been planning something with Mona. Of course, seeking advice but he promises that this is going to be the last time. As he needs to know how to deal with Aether alone and Mona will soon get busier so, he doesn't have a choice. But, that talk will happen soon enough. 

It starts, as always, with a knock on Mona's door.

(A/N: This chapter was made in July 6, 2021. Therefore, this chapter has no information or anything related to events after that day. But, rest assured, this story will take place in Mondstadt and Liyue. As for the reason why, it will be revealed on the next Act. You can think of this entire Act III as a filler chapter. Or, a calm before the storm type. Well, I guess make sure to enjoy these last few chapters of fluff and peace.)