ALTERNATE ENDING 02

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤

ALTERNATE ENDING 02:

What happens if Venti decided to take Lumine's offer?

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤

Venti's POV

"Surely a god's life would be enough." 

Ah.

I should've seen it coming.

"So... you mean me?" I ask, trying to make sure of it. She then nods hesitantly, still having a sad look on her face.

"I...see." I mumble, looking down on the ground.

Aether's life in exchange for mine...

It sounds so appealing but, even if he revives using my life, that means that I won't be able to see him and he won't be able to see me. Thinking about it, the only one that gets benefit here is his sister. And... I love Aether too much that I don't even want him to live without me. And again, if I give my life for him, he'll cross this side, while I'll move to the other side. I still won't be able to see him. 

Wait... come to think of it, even if I die... would anyone even miss me? I don't have a lot of friends here and... I don't have anything important to do. I just... sit around and drink wine all day while Aether does more things even more important. The only friend I made was Mona, while all the others are Aether's. So, why the hell am I hesitating on this? The answer is already so obvious and... I'm sure that's the reason why she came to me.

"I'll... do it." I answer, already deciding on it. My heart is beating so fast. Was it because of fear? Sadness? Nervousness? Well, no matter what, I'll turn to ashes one day. At least with this sacrifice, it has a lot more pros than it has cons. A good deal, one might put it. Lumine's eyes were wide open.