Deep Sleep

Third Person's POV

As Venti continued to cry and scream, the things around him began to break incessantly. No matter how many shields Zhongli or even the Huntress puts up, they all break in an instant, maybe buying them only a maximum of 5 seconds. 

But with Lumine helping out Zhongli, the shields become constant, meaning once Zhongli's barrier gets destroyed, Lumine puts up hers while Zhongli recharges. As for the Huntress, she just takes damage and waits for her own. But she does know that if she doesn't pay attention to it, she'll get ripped to shreds.

And, it's been quite a while since Venti started crying. Mona and the others wanted to find a solution to end it quickly, otherwise they'll all die, but Lumine still believes that Venti would wake up. For her ulterior motives, she kind of wanted to see whether or not he'll be able to wake up by himself. It's sort of a test to see if Venti could live on his own, knowing that his beloved died. 

But....

Venti was still not in the proper state of mind to actually be aware of his surroundings. His mind was running back and forth, unable to reach for an answer or a conclusion that could make him calm down. The only thing he sees and thinks about is Aether.

Sadly, he still thought that it was his fault. He thinks it is his fault that all of this happened. If he didn't touch Aether, didn't think about him, he would probably be happy and living with his sister, going through different worlds as he simply watched shooting stars from his window while playing with his lyre.

That's how it should've been. And yet, since it didn't happen, and this happened instead, he's blaming himself because it didn't happen. When he got married, or when he even confessed and Aether finally understood, he thought that his life will now go on a different path. He should be prepared for what's to come and yet he couldn't see this one coming. And because of that, Aether died.

He continues to cry, regretting that he ever told Aether he loved him. If he loved him so much, then maybe it was right for him to wish the best for Aether and for him to be happy. Knowing that this is probably going to end badly, he should've stuck with the thought of only wishing him happiness.

Well, the fact is, Aether would've learned about love no matter what. Going into that library and coming across the book was going to happen even without Venti's influence. And if Venti didn't come to that library, he still would've wondered about different things and gradually realized his own feelings.