They were silent as they entered their apartment too. Kokichi sighed as he walked through the door tossing his coat over the couch, his eyes puffing with sleepiness, and made his way to the bathroom to apply his medicine. It was incredibly late now, he doesn't know how Miu drives over here so often, with her being so far away.

Shuichi felt a brush against his legs and looked down at his feet where Mischief was greeting him lovingly, rubbing her head into his leg as she walked back and forth. Shuichi smiled softly, reaching down to scratch at the back of her head. "Hi there." Mischief purred lightly against his hand, and when Shuichi pulled away to go to bed she followed behind him, crawling into her new cat bed next to the mirror.

He undressed quickly, shuffling into his pajamas and then under the covers. Kokichi entered the room a few minutes later, turning off the light and taking his place on the opposite side of the bed. Shuichi really shouldn't have been expecting Kokichi to rest his head on Shuichi's chest like they had been for the past two weeks, but still, when Kokichi didn't roll over he felt a feeling akin to sadness.

The method had been working out great, Kokichi rarely got nightmares anymore, and if he did he usually was able to go back to sleep. But now because of what he did, Kokichi would rather have a nightmare than be close to him. Shuichi felt a pang in his chest and tilted his pillow sideways, wrapping his arms around it. The worse part is that he should feel bad about what he did, he should feel regret or at least feel sorry, but he doesn't. He doesn't regret it one bit, he actually wouldn't mind doing it again. Secretly a part of him wished that Kokichi would have reacted by kissing him back, that he would have jumped into his arms passionately, and rose petals would start to fall from the sky. Unfortunately, things like that only happen in fairytales, and if there's one thing Shuichi knows about his life, is that it's definitely not a fairytale.

Shuichi moved his thumb to his mouth, gently dragging it across his lower lip, they still feel tingly from the kiss. It almost makes him want to laugh, he never would have imagined his first kiss would be with a boy, let alone Kokichi. Although chances are his first kiss in his past memories was also with Kokichi.

Shuichi felt cold, he wasn't going to be able to sleep like this. He slipped out of bed and walked over to Mischief, picking her up carefully and carried her back to bed. Mischief purred contently next to him, and Shuichi closed his tired eyes.

***

"Kokichi where are you! I'm starting to get worried, you've been gone a long time and I've called like six times, please answer the phone." Shuichi collapsed back onto the couch from where he was pacing, a groan exiting his lips.

When Shuichi woke up this morning it was to an empty bed, and a cat laying on his head. At first, he had just thought Kokichi was in the kitchen, but when he removed Mischief and left the room, Kokichi was nowhere to be found. The only thing that was left was a small note on the kitchen island, 'Had a bad dream. Going for a walk. Be back later.' After he saw the note he had felt relieved, but now Kokichi had been gone for at least five hours, not counting the amount of time he was gone before Shuichi woke up.

Shuichi had gone about his day for a little while, trying not to worry too much. He took a shower and got ready for the party later, he fed himself and then Mischief. Eventually sitting down to pick back up reading from where he left off yesterday. He tried to refrain himself from calling Kokichi and worrying too much, but as the hours passed he started to pace, finally giving in and calling him. Kokichi however didn't answer, so he called again... and again... and again.

Shuichi stared down at his phone waiting for any kind of message, his chest felt heavy and oddly enough he felt like he could cry. Even though this wasn't something you would cry about. He couldn't help but wonder if this was all because of him. What if Kokichi ran away and was never planning on coming back because he had ruined everything last night? That would mean he would never see him again, and it would be entirely his fault for letting himself feel the way he was trying to prevent.