The people in the white coats and blue scrubs began discussing among themselves as they pointed at them. The Doctors in the white coats finished their conversations with the people in the blue scrubs and looked down at their clipboards smiling. The people in the blue scrubs, however, moved towards them quickly.

"What is this?" Maki breathed out before she was grabbed on both sides by the nurses. Her instincts kicked in and immediately she began to fight them off. The nurses struggled against her, holding her as still as possible. The one on the right pulled a syringe from his scrubs injecting it into the side of Maki's neck, as she made noises of protest. She fell limp in a matter of seconds, her body being carted away down a long empty hallway.

Shuichi stood horrified at what he was witnessing and made to move after her, his words caught in his throat.

"Maki!" They yelled after her, but it was too late. As soon as he took a step forward the nurses grabbed him. Himiko was grabbed as well. kicking her legs out and yelling, but her body fell slack against the nurse as a needle was pressed into her neck as well.

"Hey! Stop it! What are you doing? Where are you taking us?" His voice cracked, heart pounding painfully in his chest.

The woman holding his right arm smiled, leaning in close to his ear. "Don't worry, try not to struggle it will make this easier on all of us, and we can get you out of here faster. Sorry about the abruptness we've never had a season end like that before. Speaking of, congratulations on winning and having such a successful season." Without any time to process her words, a needle was pressed into his neck, he felt the pull of tiredness in his eyelids, head falling back completely still.

***
Shuichi woke up bolt straight, heart pounding in his chest, hair stuck to his sweaty forehead, chest heaving heavy breaths as he looked around the room frantically.

The whole room was white, the walls and floor padded. It somewhat resembled a hospital room except it lacked a window, instead, having harsh fluorescent lights that hurt his eyes almost as much as the stage lights did. The padding on the walls and floor was something you'd see in a psychiatric ward. Did they think he was going to hurt himself? He looked down at himself, his clothes were gone, instead replaced with a white robe. He didn't want to think about how that meant someone had changed him while he was unconscious. Tightening the strings on the robe he threw off the scratchy sheets of the hospital bed and stood up to go to the door.

His arm was tugged back by the heart monitor he was connected to, he turned back to take it off, but the sound of the door opening had him whipping his head back towards the door.

A nurse and a doctor walked in, both of them holding paperwork and smiling. His brain felt like it was melting, so many thoughts swirling through his head. Who are these people? Where are Himiko and Maki? The steady beeping of the heart monitor sped up.

"Hello Mr. Saihara, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked, smiling so wide it was almost unnerving. The nurse moved towards Shuichi, who sat frozen. She pulled a thermometer from her pocket, swiping it across his forehead, taking all his vitals, and writing them down onto her clipboard.

"Who are you? Where are Maki and Himiko?" he spoke up. The doctor paid no attention to his questions.

"How are his vitals?" the doctor asked.

"They look excellent; he should be able to be discharged today and join the party with the others." The others? "All we need is for him to fill out this mental health assessment."

"Great," the doctor replied grabbing the clipboard from the nurse and handing it over to Shuichi along with a pen. "Well, Mr. Saihara you should feel very excited to know that this is one of the most successful seasons of Danganronpa yet!"