Chapter 34: A Failed Confession

Start bij het begin

   You stumble over your feet, tripping into Oikawa's arms. At this point, the fangirls started going feral, having to be held back by other classmates. 

   Blush covers your face as your head meets Oikawa's chest. Oikawa's face is also turning a dark shade of red. As if on reflex, his hands grab onto your arms. 

   You stay like that for a moment before turning to Ami with an infuriated expression. 

   Ami backs away, nervously chuckling. I'm sorry, boys, but I don't know if I'll get out of this one alive. If not, know I did it for the cause, Ami thinks to herself, face growing pale. 

   You approach her with a shadow covering your eyes. Grabbing her by the collar of her uniform, you drag her down to your level. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" You ask in a threatening tone.  

   Ami slowly turns her head away from you. "I-I don't know w-what you're talking about," She stutters, her body shaking as she feels your cold fury consume her. 

   "Like hell," You growl, using up all your energy to not punch the girl. 

   Iwaizumi, Makki, and Matsukawa enter your classroom, only to find everyone staring at you and Ami. 

   They sigh, knowing this would happen. Walking up to Oikawa, they greet him. 

   "What'd she do?" Iwaizumi asks, referring to his girlfriend. 

   Oikawa turns to his friends, telling them the story. "O-Oh, well, Ami ran into L/n, and L/n fell into me," The boy explains, still blushing from the contact.    

   Idiot, Iwaizumi thinks, facepalming. He watches as you raise your fist to the girl, deciding that it's time for him to step in. 

   "Hey, you two! Let's get going! I'll buy everyone smoothies on the way home!" Iwaizumi yells over to the two of you, knowing that if he brought up the idea of food, you'd forget about everything else. 

   You let go of Ami, expression turning to one of anticipation. Walking over to the boys, you tell Iwaizumi, "Strawberry," and proceed to make your way out the door with your group following behind. 

   "You owe me for saving your dumbass," Iwaizumi states, looking down at his still, terrified girlfriend. 

   She nods, happy to still be breathing. "Y-Yeah, I really do," She responds, still shaken. 

   As you walk out of the building, your formation changes. The boys in the front, leading the way, and you and Ami in the back. At this point, she's completely forgotten about what happened a few moments ago.     

   Walking out of the front door to the school, your eyes move towards your ex-teammate with long black hair and big purple eyes. She's conversing with a group of Oikawa's fangirls which confuses you a bit.   

   "Well, that's an odd sight," Ami says, looking in the same direction as you. 

   You nit your eyebrows, a focused look on your face. "Why is she talking to them?" You ask, unable to tear your eyes away from them as your pace slows down. 

   Ami looks at you with a questioning gaze. "Maybe they're friends?" Ami inquiries. 

   You shake your head. "Saki would never hang out with girls like that," You state, an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

   "Hey, I noticed the two of you have nicknames for each other. And you seem to know a lot about each other. Were you close in the past, besides being teammates?" Ami asks.