20 Four In A Bed

I was awoken from my sleep the next morning by the bed sheets moving and a weight on the bed caused by someone climbing in with me, actually it was rather more like two little people. I forced my eyes open to see both Alexia and Harmony climbing into my double bed. I looked behind me to check the bedside clock, it was 4:30am. I arrived home, after spending a few hours in A&E with Matt, a little after 2am.

‘Hey girls. Can’t you sleep?’ They both shook their heads in response.

‘We gots scared’ Harmony mumbled.

‘Well you’re safe now. So close your eyes and think of lots of happy things’ Alexi laid snuggled up next to me, and Harmony next to her, they were small enough for me to wrap my arms around both of them. It didn’t take long before they were both letting out soft little snores. I couldn’t help but smile. I gently kissed Rexs head before trying to think of my own happy thing to drift of to sleep.

For the second time this morning I was awoken. This time from someone gently tapping on the door.

‘Yeah?’ I said quietly as not to disturb the girls.

‘Hey, have you seen the girls?’ It was Matt.

‘Come in, and you’ll find them’ The bedroom door opened and Matt popped his head round the door looking over to the bed. He smiled.

‘What time did they come in here?’

‘About 4:30. What time is it now?’

‘A little after 6’

‘What you doing up anyway? Could you not sleep either?’ I laughed

‘Nah too much on my mind, not to mention my hand is giving me some jip’

‘Come on, room for one more’ I laughed. Matt walked towards the bed and climbed in next to Harmony, wrapping his large arm over her and also Alexia. ‘Might as well join the sleeping party’ He laughed softly. Before we laid in silence trying to drift off to sleep.

‘Emz’ Matt said.

I leaned up a little, ‘Yeah?’

‘Thanks again’ He smiled, moving his arm next to mine as we both hugged the girls, his hand gently brushing it.

‘As I have told you a million times, it’s no problem.’

‘I know, I just want you to know I’m grateful, and oh thanks for taking me to A&E’ I laughed a little. Sleep soon took over again

The next time I woke up I was able to fully stretch out as I had my double bed back to myself, I looked over to see the time was now 9:15, a more reasonable time to wake up in the morning after a night out. I didn’t stay in there long as I had to shoot out of bed to the bathroom to puke my guts up. When I finished, I washed my face and brushed my teeth before venturing downstairs to see where everyone had disappeared too.

Movement came from the kitchen so that was the first place I headed.

‘mmm something smells good’ I said as I entered the room, my nostrils filled with the smell of bacon and sausages.

‘Morning’ Matt said as he turned the bacon in the pan, 'I was just making some breakfast’

‘Aww, you don’t have too’ I said walking over to him and giving him a small hug

‘Yes I don’t have to, but I want too’

‘Fair enough, I won’t complain about food.’ I walked over to the back door to see the girls were splashing about it the pool, enjoying the early morning sunshine. ’No one else up yet?’