10 He Will Be Back

'What the Hell are you doing here?'

'I could ask you the same f*cking question. I go out to get beer and you're gone!'

'Do you blame me!'

'Where's Alexia? I've come to take her home' Karl said abruptly as he pushed passed me into the lounge.

'Karl! you aint taking my baby anywhere. She has nothing to do with you!'

*slap*

He slapped my face hard causing me to fall back into Zackys arms. I grabbed both of his arms and stopped him from going to hit Karl.

'As I've told you before, and I'll tell you again, you'll watch your mouth! She is as good as a daughter to me! And who the F*ck are you? Let me guess the bloke that she left. My aint you stupid!

'Leave Zacky out of this. If you have a problem you speak to me. How did you find me?'

'Where is Alexia? You best tell me Emz, as I aint gonna play nice' He approached me.

'You aren't going any where near MY daughter or Emz!' Zacky protectively spoke up, and rounded the front of me, holding me close behind him.

'Your daughter?'

'Yeah, you heard me! Now get the fuck out of my house!' Zacky grabbed hold of Karl by his shirt and pushed him out of the door.

'Emz, you're gonna be sorry!' Karl yelled.

*Door slams shut*

I turned and ran to the back door, to ensure it was locked, before running up the stairs and throwing myself down on the bed, crying. What the hell was he doing here, he wanted my baby!

'Shhhh, shhhh.' Zacky had entered the room and sat at the end of the bed.

'Zacky, I'm scared. Why is he here?'

'I don't know. Why did he hit you, and you stopped me? Anything you wanna tell me?'

'He hurt me, badly.' I lifted my shirt slightly to reveal the faint outline of scars that had been left from his belt hitting my flesh. I also showed him the scar from the cut to the side of my head. 'I was scared, so I just left'

'I'll kill him' Zacky said clenching his fists getting up from the bed and making his way over to the window to see if Karl was still about.

'He'll be back. I can safetly say that.'

'Not while I'm about he won't' I looked over at Zacky and frowned.

'Why did you say Rex was your daughter?'

'Dunno, suppose to try and get rid of him'

'Thanks'

'Don't mention it' He walked back over to the side of the bed. 'You gonna be ok if I just nip home and get some things, or you wanna come with?'

'Things?'

'Yeah, I said he won't come back while I'm about, so i'm coming to stay. If thats ok with you.' I smiled.

'Only if you can put up with me, you know after everything'

'Come here' He pulled me into a hug, wiping away the tears from my cheeks. 'I've told you before, lets just move on, I still care about you. And we have already talked about the rest' He smiled at me. 'Come on'

I climbed in the passenger side of his blood red mustang, the same car he had 4 years ago. 'Hey old girl' I laughed.

'Chuck a decent CD on'

'Bit of the ol' Tallica' I popped the CD into the player, before returning the CDs to the glove box. I smiled seeing that Zacky still had my pink CD wallet still in his car.

We pulled onto a drive way that I never thought i'd lay my eyes on. My old house. I fell silent. Zacky looked over at me, knowing what was up.

'You wanna wait here you don't have to come in. I know it'll be weird'

'It's ok, I'll come in.'

Zacky lead the way into his house.

'Wow, nothings changed I see. Well apart from all the empty beer bottles and take out cartons.' Zacky shrugged as he made his way through to the kitchen.

'Bit of a bachelor pad really'

'I can tell.'

'You're stuff is still here by the way'

'Surprised you didnt throw it.'

'Yeah well I was hoping you were gonna come back. Didn't expect it to be 4 years though.'

'Sorry. Want me to take it with me now?'

'Up to you babe. I'm just going up to pack a small bag of clothes. Your stuff is still in our bedroom.' I followed him upstairs in the bedroom. It was a mess of Zackys things, yet most of my possesions were neatly piled in the corner.

'Tell me about Alexia'

'Well, what can I say. She is my everything, She pretty, smart, funny, brave and friendly'

'Just like here mom then. You ever think about what life would have been like if you hadn't gone'

'mmmm, I try not too. Not in a bad way Zack. Just now I have Rex to think about.'

'Yeah I know. I'd like to meet her properly. If Brian won't mind'

'Don't be stupid.Yeah Brian is her dad, but he doesn't decide on everything, like who she meets hun. I'm sure she'd love to hang out with you.'

'You think?'

'Zacky I know she would'

'Awesome, maybe we can all go out for the day?'

'Sure, I'd like that.' I looked at my phone as it has just vibrated in my pocket. 'Look at this' I showed a picture that Johnny had just sent me. It was rex covered in covered in ice cream with a huge grin on her face. We both laughed.

'She's too cute. Come on, we best get back it's nearly 5pm they won't be too much longer.'

'I'm all sorted any way. You taking your stuff too?'

'Nah theres no rush' I smiled.