12 Photographs

'Emz' Zacky called from downstairs. I was sat in the girls bedroom tucking them into bed. They were both exhausted from their long day at the Zoo. Plus it gave me something to do so I wasn't worrying as much when Zacky went downstairs to answer the door. I didn't reply for fear of disturbing the girls sleep. Instead I tiptoed out of their bedroom and gently closed their bedroom door. And I stood at the top of the stairs waiting for Zacky to appear. He soon showed him self and waved me downstairs.

'You're an Idiot' He laughed. I was confused.

'What do you mean?'

'I mean you were worried it was Karl and all it was, was the pizza we ordered earlier.'

'But it followed us to your place?' I questioned walking down the stairs to Zacky.

'Yeah, turns out the dude is a fan, trying to find out where I lived!' I sighed a sigh of relief and without thinking hugged Zacky.

'Oh sorry.' I said blushing as I pulled away from him and headed into the kitchen to get a beer.

'Don't be sorry it's OK.' He followed me.

'Thanks for staying Zack, it really means a lot.' I said passing him a beer.

'No problem. Are the girls in bed?' I nodded. 'So what shall we do?'

'Well I don't know about you, but after today I need this beer and more after!'

Zacky and me must have been laying on the sun loungers in the back garden near the pool for a good few hours as it was light when we went out now the stars were out. We'd spent most of the time discussing what happened between me and Karl, how things got so bad and also about Rex.

'Would you still have left if you knew that you were pregnant?'

'I don't really know. Things were so out of hand when I left. I was acting really immature.'

'Yeah I suppose.' Zacky took another swig from his beer. 'But it must have been hard for you dealing with being pregnant and giving birth alone?'

'Yeah it was. That’s why I was so grateful when Karl came to my rescue.' I sighed.

'humm' I heard Zacky growl. 'Anyway it's hard to imagine you with a pregnant belly.' he laughed, probably trying to picture in his head.

'Well I was lucky, I wasn't as big as Roxy was. I have my photo album in the house if you want to have a look' I looked over and smiled at him as he got up from his seat. We headed in doors leaving the back door open to let some air into the house for a bit, as it was such a humid evening.

I took a seat on the sofa and pulled out my photo album from my bag that was next to the sofa, Zacky had turned on the stereo and put on some Stone Sour for background noise, before taking a seat close to me. I passed it too him which he gladly took and began flicking through whilst I sipped on another beer.

I watched over his shoulder as he worked his way through the pictures, I had done a few professional photo sessions in order to preserve the memories. Zacky stopped as he got to one of the photos which was me posing semi-nude, my arm covering my breasts and some boy shorts, so that you could clearly see my baby bump.

'Wow!' was all he managed still looking at the picture. 'You look stunning, sexy yet cute. That really is an amazing picture.' I grinned widely as he continued to search through the photos, stopping on a few from when Alexia was just born. She really was a tiny baby. A small tear escaped the corner of my eye.

'Oh Emz, why are you crying?' Zacky turned to me.

'It's nothing' I sniffed 'I just tend to get a bit emotional when I look at these pictures. Yeah it was a tough time, but it was worth it.' I smiled lightly, looking back up at Zacky.

The old familiar look was in his eyes, one I hadn't seen since I left. My old Zacky.

Our eyes were locked together searching for questions and answers. This was the closet we had been. I don't know if I was imagining it but I thought we were both moving towards each other.

*Knock Knock*

As usual and interruption. I looked back at Zacky who nodded and went over to answer the door.

'Haner? what are you doing here?' I heard Zacky's voice. Oh shit.

'I could ask you the same thing!' I heard Brians reply as the front door closed. 'Rhino?' Brian shouted.

'In the front room'

'Do you mind explaining why Zacky is here?' He looked over at me sitting on the sofa. 'Oh Rhino, you've been crying' He walked over to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder, 'Has he upset you?'

I looked up to see Zacky standing in the door way. He gave me a wink.

'No he hasn’t upset me at all. I was just showing him some of Rex's baby photos and got a little upset that’s all.' I felt Brian sigh.

'Sorry Zacky. I just got worried, Emz here hasn’t text me and I knew she'd be alone.'

'That's cool dude. I just stopped by earlier to see if Rev was about. Then we just got talking.'

Brian glanced down to the coffee table where the photo album was left open on a picture of me and Alexia when she was only a few days old. He smiled to himself. ‘She really is as cute as her mum’ He commented.

‘I could argue that’ Zacky sounded from the door, earning him a glare from Brian. Jeeze this felt awkward!

‘Is Alex in bed?’ I nodded.

‘Okay I’m just going to give her a kiss goodnight.’ Brian said whilst getting up and walking over towards the stairs, stopping next to Zacky ‘Thanks’

‘What for dude?’

‘Looking after my girls’ With that he left and walked up the stairs.

‘Zacky I’m sorry.’

‘You seriously have to stop apologising Emz. It’s not your fault. I know he only has one girl here.’ He walked towards me, stopping just the other side of the coffee table, ‘Listen, do you still want me to stay?’

I looked at him and nodded. ‘Well, I think it’s best if Mr Gates up there thinks I’m gone, so when he comes back down I’ll leave, then you text when he’s gone and I’ll be back’

‘EMZ!?’ Brian shouted from upstairs running down the stairs, sounding concerned. I stood up and ran towards him. ‘Was Rex in bed with Harmony’ I nodded.

‘Yeah they have both been sharing a bed, why?’

‘She’s not there!'

'What do you mean she's not there?' Zacky asked my own question.

'She's not there. Alexia is gone!'