Chapter 15

Truth

"So," I exclaim into the phone. "When do I get to see this lucky girl?" I ask, smiling so widely. Happy that I'm talking about something as mundane as my sister having a girlfriend.

"I'll send you a picture now" she says, and I immediately hear tapping.

I throw my jacket to the bed, trying to forget what I'd been thinking about Nate before he ran back to his house. I lay onto my bed.

"Trying to find one of her with clothes on?" I ask, as it gets sent, seeing the name and her picture. I frown as soon as I see the name Daniel, and then her unmistakable face. "No" I whisper to myself. It was Daniel alright, from the square jaw, long jet black hair, perfect pink lips, and her eyes were a beautiful green. And on her well exposed cleavage, was the pendant that currently lay in my pocket. My sister's new girlfriend was this woman that was appearing to me randomly and talking to me on occasion, and apparently, she'd taken me from my life.

In a moment, my fingers are being singed by the pendant. Quickly, I pull my hand out of my pocket, looking up to the small window that look up at the night sky to see Daniel standing just on the other side.

"Jordan, I have to go..."