Part 15 : The Final Battle

The trio went back at Hogwarts, reaching the Chamber of Secrets to get the Basilisk fang in order to destroy the cup. Snape as a double agent spy, couldn't hide their existence at school from the dark lord, as the undercovered death eaters the Carrow twins witnessed them and spread the news widely.

and the battle soon begun.

The followers of the Dark Lord began to gather at Hogwarts: wards, trolls, criminals, Death Eaters, and the Azkaban dementors. They followed Voldemort to a hill that overlooked the school.
Voldemort stared at the school from the top of the hill, and said, "They never learn."

At school, Minerva and Dumbledore ordered the students to get to the basement for a lockdown-especially the Slytherins and the underaged students. Among the underaged students there was one missing in particular: Ginny Weasley. She had managed to escape the march to the basement and joined her family, Harry, the Aurors, and her friends to fight
Kingsley Shacklebolt looked around to his fellow warriors and stated, "We've only got half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast! A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix. Professors Flitwick, Sprout and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest Towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy and Gryffindor - where they'll have a good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile, Remus, Arthur, and I will take groups into the grounds. We'll need somebody to organize defense of the entrances of the passageways into the school -" He was cut off abruptly by Fred Weasley. "Sounds like a job for us." After taking a moment to ponder, Shacklebolt responded, "Alright, leaders please get up here and we can divide up the troops!"
Miss Sprout and Neville planned to use dangerous plants from the greenhouses against the Death Eaters, such as lobbing mandrakes over the walls, devil's snare, as well as the bewitched suits of armour and wand duels. The whole castle shook with the force of the Death Eaters enchantments.
By this time, Mad-eye arrived alongside Bill and Igor Karkaroff, showing no mercy by slaughtering the Death Eaters one by one using the killing curses.
Dumbledore made a giant water ball and hit a hundred of enemies at once, but he knew deep down, this was just time saving for Harry to finally meet the Dark Lord.
The teachers went mad searching for Ginny who secretly sneaked out with Colin, and they didn't find them. Sirius, Hermione, and the twins gathered as a group and fought the most dangerous Death Eaters: Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy. Unfortunately, the group was separated by the explosion caused by death eaters that happened which separated them from each other.
They kept fighting as Bellatrix threw hexes at her cousin. He countered her fiercely, but he couldn't kill her directly, until Hermione ran into her fast and disarmed her wand and casted.

.Accio dagger !" Within a second the dagger transported to Hermione's hands, in which she throw it at her in return with a fast shoot.

"That's for the wedding," she grinned. The digger hit Bellatrix in the middle of her chest, Bellatrix gasped and choked with her blood , and she fell dead immediately.

Curses, hexes, and jinxes flew in every direction, lighting up the sky in green and red. The Potters went searching for Peter Pettigrew.

Igor Karkaroff stood by the column fighting the dark creatures until he saw a faraway pack of dementors coming towards him. Igor immediately recalled the only happy memory he had as he closed his eyes:
"Igor was in a dark old castle. A magical piano was playing as he embraced a beautiful woman with long, dark hair and deep, blue eyes who was dancing with him happily. But her eyes sparkled with tears.
She said shakily, "Igor, promise me you will return... I can't stand your absence anymore."
He answered with heavy accent, "I promise. Only a matter of time and we will be together again, get married and have a house on top of the mountain with children who will look beautiful as you."
She smiled at him, and the memory vanished, bringing warmth to Igor's cold heart.
As he casted "Expecto Patronum," a large, magical white tiger came, running through dementors and forcing them away. The patronus fought fiercely against the remaining dark creatures and fired back hexes. A familiar man's voice sudden came from behind, "Avada Kedavra!"
Igor Karkaroff was unable to keep his promise to her. The curse crossed his chest. With a final tear, thinking of the woman he loved, he passed away.
Harry was running, reaching the chamber of secrets trying to save time to destroy the Horcrux, until he hears Ginny calling him, holding a broom.

"This will be faster," she said while riding her broom, and Harry took the lead. Within a minute they reached the Chamber of Secrets; they destroyed the Horcrux together using the fang, bashing it into the last Hocrux .

once the destroyed it , they could hear waters rushing sounds , and whoosh into them , they hold each other's hands and ran away into the broom, flying into the nearest exit , leading them to the dark lake.
Harry couldn't help but to kiss Ginny intensely,holding her from the back of her head feeling the victory and winning feelings run through his blood, she said as their lips parted " one to go , love .. only one to go "
Harry could see her eyes watering with tears , she was lying to herself , denying the fact that is the last one , not the snake .. he nodded at her

" We must find the snake; he is at the shrinking shack "
A husky scary sound echoed and amplified throughout the castle , speaking to everyone at the battlefield and hogsmade village
"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured , and Harry Potter, must come to me before the dawn .. or I shall kill every Man , Woman , or child ," Voldemort called out..
Harry went to the Great Hall. He saw the dead corpses hoping not to find any familiar faces. With guilt running through his heart, he saw Peter's dead body, with his parents staring at him. They finally took their revenge. He also found Igor Karkaroff body, as Remus covered him with a white cloth. He was dead.
As large chunks of the building fell over, the damage was very deep: blood stains were everywhere and even the moving staircase that Hogwarts was known for was destroyed.
The Potters saw their son and hugged him tight. He sobbed as his mother spoke to hi him. "Don't worry, they are okay. They are safe," she said as she comforted him, letting him know no one had died.. Hermione went near Sirius, healing his wounds as his head was covered with blood. Tonks was resting on the floor staring at the space in disbelief placing her hands on her belly and blood running under legs , she was shocked and silent . Remus was holding her into his chest embracing her weak and exhausted body , with tears on his face he looked back at Minerva and said, "We lost the baby."
Ginny attempted to reach out to Harry, but he refused to let her get close to him. Seeing all the pain around him, he decided to greet death as an old friend.
"That's it, nobody will die because of me." He left them behind and ran through the gates to meet the Dark Lord himself.
The rest of the Alive army followed him even though he doesn't want to , his parents and Sirius ran behind him as well , followed by Ron and Hermione
He continued walking and never looked back , he may die the next hours and he don't want to see the sorrow in their eyes .
Harry and Dumbledore stood in the opposite side of the Dark Lord, while Nagini and Severus stood at their master's side.
Dumbledore said quietly, "Severus, please?"
Severus raised his wand and casted nonverbal spell which made Dumbledore fall dead on the ground. As Harry fell over the headmaster's dead body, Voldemort Accio'ed the Elder Wand, disarming Dumbledore.
The Elder Wand belongs now to the Dark Lord.
Lily shouted to Snape "I trusted you! You coward, you betrayed us all!"
Voldemort laughed at her. "Silly little girl." He had no idea that this was Lily.
"The slash of the silver blade could not be heard over the roar of the oncoming crowd or the sounds of the clashing giants or of the stampeding centaurs, and yet it seemed to draw every eye. With a single stroke Neville sliced off the great snake's head, which spun high into the air, gleaming in the light flooding from the entrance hall, and Voldemort's mouth as open in a scream of fury that nobody could hear, and the snake's body thudded to the ground at his feet - J.K. Rowling

The Death Eaters started retreating, vanishing and apparating quickly from Hogwarts, as the Dark Lord became weaker after Nagini's death.
: "That isn't how he works, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today, Potter?" Voldmort said with Husky , hissing sound

"Nobody. There are no more Horcruxes, it's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good."
Harry stood and shielded the school again, stating, "You never learn, Tom."
Harry heard the high voice casting "Avada Kedavra!" as he simultaneously yelled "Expelliarmus!" Red and green lights combined as Voldemort and Harry's spells met. The Elder Wand jerked from Voldemort's hand, detaching, and spun toward Harry. The sheer magnitude of the amount of Patronuses that supported Harry made a loud, cannon-like blast. Golden flames rained upon the battlefield. Harry caught the Elder Wand in his free hand as Voldemort fell backward to his death.

It was over.

The Dark Lord was dead.