"Did you?" I asked, hoping he didn't. Yes, I knew what he did for a living, but I didn't think Geraldo deserved to die. He only tried to protect his son. I don't know that much about Roman, but I did know if someone threatened his family he'd probably give in too.

He shook his head. "I knew you'd be disappointed if I did."

I slowly nodded. It was hard to believe he actually considered my thoughts in his decisions. I felt bad for acting like an ass to him now, but I didn't know the full story at the time.

"There's more." He rubbed his neck.

"What?"

"We have to get married." He looked into my eyes seriously.

I froze as I stared at him intensely. What? I thought we talked about this. Why the hell would he change his mind all of a sudden.

"What? You're lying right? This is all some funny joke?"

"I'm not. It's the only way to get your father to show his face. I'm sure he's in deep hiding right now."

"I'm sure there's other ways."

"If you can figure some out, I'm all ears."

I took a deep breath as I replayed what he said in my head. There had to be some kind of other solutions than that one. I don't think I can pull off an actual wedding. Me in a wedding dress, saying vows, acting like I'm happy, and having Roman's last name. I shook my head. I don't want to look forward to that.

"I have to get back for work." I gave a half smile. I didn't want to sit and think about this anymore, I needed a distraction.

"Let me walk you back."

No, no, no.

But I knew he wouldn't take no as an answer, he'd just follow me out the house. I scratched my head as I thought of all the looks I'd get walking with the man everyone in this empire admired. But I am his so-called fiancé so I'll get the looks anywhere I walk.

I gave him a nod as we walked out of the house toward the firm. Entering the firm everyone's conversations stopped as they faced us. Some gave interesting looks as others stared at Roman like they we're in love.

Well, this is just great.

"Hello sir." Some said as he gave them a small nod.

"Thanks for walking me, but you can go now." I said annoyed. I didn't know why I felt a little jealous that other women were staring at him seductively.

"Are you upset?" He asked grinning. "You know I only want you in my bed, right?"

Flashbacks from last night appeared in my head once again as he said that. It wouldn't hurt to have a little fun, but I wouldn't let it go further than that. I needed to control myself. "Leave Roman. I need to get back to work."

"I know you're thinking about it. So am I." He leaned toward my ear. "Just say the word and we can go to my bedroom."

He snuck a lick on my ear as I silently felt pleased from it but played it off. "Roman!" I hit his chest. "I have to get back to work." I continued using that excuse. I had to put my mind elsewhere before I actually consider going to his room.