𝑷 𝑹 𝑬 𝑭 𝑨 𝑪 𝑬

[𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕞𝕠𝕠𝕟]

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

It was the loud screams of someone calling Gabriella Monteros name that brought her back from looking out Into the ocean.

The beaches of La Push never ceased to amaze her. It was probably the way it's waves clashed together so peacefully, so in sync, that brought her into some sort of tranquil state of mind. The clashing of the water hitting the shore and the smell of seawater and fresh air always eased her mind.

That was until she befriended three in-particular boys who would interrupt the calmness the beach gave.

"Hey, we've been calling your name for like ten minutes now."

"I know. I'm just choosing to ignore you."

Sarcastically laughing at her lighthearted insult, Quil hoisted her up from the piece of driftwood she was sitting on and dragged her over to where everyone else was at, "C'mon Ms. Varsity, you can't play one little game of soccer or are you too good for us now?"

Gaby didn't make any effort to shrug off the boy or react to his snarky comeback, but did complain to him about it In his ear, "You and Jake always make it so competitive."

Another one of the pains in her ass, Jacob Black. It was a package deal with Jake, Embry, and Quil. Gabriella wasn't as close to Jake as she was to Quil, him nowadays spending most of his time with a girl named Bella Swan, but still good friends. It seams as though He's dating the chick with how much he talks about her. Ever since her boyfriend moved out of town Bella has been basically MIA for almost three months, up until recently when she started hanging out with Jacob. No one minds it, she seems to make him happy. They're just worried that if the ex comes back, the Swan girl would leave- ultimately leading their best friend on.

Quil didn't respond to that, not wanting to let her know she was right. The two made it to the rest of the group and Gaby immediately wished she was back listening to the waves. As Quil left to go get Gaby, Kat and Embry got into it.

"Like hell she's going to be on your team!" Exclaimed Katrina, slightly getting in the boys face.

"Like hell she's goin to be on yours! You already have Jacob!" Embry shouted back.

The smaller girl crossed her arms over her chest and never tore her eyes away from the boy, who seemed as though he wasn't going to back down.

Taking another step forward, Kat argued, "She's my Best Friend."

"Yeah? Well she's my-", Embry Call could have sworn his heart stopped beating when he was about to finish his sentence. What could he possibly say to top Kats comeback without embarrassing himself?

Not noticing the girl next to him, Gaby looked between her two friends and teasingly smiled at the flustered boy, "I'm your what?"

Swiftly turning his head to look at the girl, Embry was suddenly at a loss for words. He could barely let out one coherent word, looking back and forth at the two girls.

Noticing his struggle, Jake pulled the headstrong girl back from her taunting stance and motioned for Quil to help Embry out.

"Alright buddy," Quil started, clapping a hand on his friends back, "Don't hurt yourself."

Embry closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh as he watched Gaby jog over to Kat. Rubbing his hands over his face, Embry turned to look at his friend, "I'm such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot...hopelessly in love?...maybe, but not and idiot."

"Gee thanks, that makes me feel so much better."

Quil looked around the beach and exasperatedly put his hands on his hips, "What is with the hostility today?"

When he got no response Quil rolled his eyes, and walked over to where the girls and Jake were getting ready to play. He glanced back one more time to see if his friend was following and smirked when he was.

The look on Embry's face went from annoyed to confused as Kat chucked the ball at him. Catching it, he looked down at the ball and back up at the upset girl. Only then did he realize that Gaby was on his team.

"Stop smiling, it'll only make her more pissed offed," Gaby joked.

Two or three hours passed and it was starting to get dark. The five of them decided to call it a night when they noticed the temperature drop and how late it was actually getting. The boys walked Gaby and Kat over to their car, making small talk on the way over.

"I don't think I'm mentally prepared for tomorrow." Embry wrapped an arm around Gabys shoulders and pulled the pouting girl close.

Tomorrow the teens would be going back to school from their long weekend. The first semester of sophomore year was going by pretty smoothly for them; good grades, good teachers, good classes. Even shifts at the family restaurant were good. Everything was...good.

"What do you mean? Tomorrow we get to present our kickass English project," Quil got in the girls face and held it with both of his hands, "You may only call me Mrs. Darcy when you are completely, and perfectly, and in...ca...blah blah blah happy."

Gabriella pushed the boys face away and groaned, "How do you mess up your one line."

"I-...I don't remember reading that part." Kat stated, looking at her own partner in confusion.

"Yeah, did we forget something." Jacob added.

The Latina now had to explain how her partner didn't read the book and only watched the movie, but still he managed to mess up the one piece of the project he actually contributed in. Other than that one line, Gaby has done the entire project by herself. She didn't mind though, because she'd much rather Quil have one thing to worry about than think Wickham was a type of meat again.

As they were getting into the car, Embry leaned on Kats opened car door and waited for Gaby to get inside. He softly smiled at her and laughed when she slouched in the seat.

"Tired?"

"Very. I think you and Jake may have popped one of my disks in the third game." Gaby opened her eyes and tiredly grinned at the boy.

The two didn't notice how close they got until he pulled away when he heard Kat slam the door. His face turned red as he rubbed the back of his neck.

With on one last goodnight and a "see you tomorrow" the group parted ways. Now they waited for the day to come and all the crazy that follows.