𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰𝟲 || To Reunite

Start from the beginning

Sirius chuckled. "Calm down, love, calm down," he said. "One question at a time."

He looked at his watch. "What time does the portkey leave?"

"Noon," Emery answered.

"I see," he said quietly. "We have exactly half an hour before that. What would you say to some butterbeer?" he asked.

Emery blushed. "Uhm, sure," she chirped shyly. 

"Very well then, let's go," Sirius professed, escorting her to the Three Broomsticks. 

He held the door open for her, then pulled out a seat for her, then took a seat opposite her.

Madam Rosmerta came to their table. "What can I get- oh, it's you," she said, looking at Sirius. "And, Emery Fowl?"

Emery nodded, waving slightly.

"Where are you going all dolled up, dear?" asked Madam Rosmerta.

"I have some business to attend to outside of school," she answered swiftly. "Dumbledore gave me permission to leave."

"And I'm guessing you snuck out?" she asked Sirius, smiling to herself.

Sirius nodded, indicating that that was indeed the case. 

"Rosie, love, we're on a bit of a tight schedule here, can we have two butterbeers?" he asked, up to his usual antics of flirting with the older barmaid.

Emery suddenly felt a pang of hurt. She felt sick all over at the way Sirius called her love.

"Oh, I don't think I want butterbeer any more," she said weakly smiling. "I'll go now."

She stood up. 

"Emery, darling, you okay?" Sirius asked, suddenly getting up. He put an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm fine, just nervous," she breathed, wriggling away from his grasp rather stiffly. 

Sirius made her sit back in her chair and took her fingers in his. Her hand was cold, and she was shaking slightly. 

"Have butterbeer, it'll help," Sirius suggested. 

Emery had no choice but to listen as Madam Rosmerta had just brought the butterbeer. 

Emery took a sip. All at once, the fizzy drink warmed her insides, calming her down. Within seconds, she downed the drink, feeling much more energetic.

Sirius chuckled as he looked at her.

"What?" she asked.

Sirius placed a hand on the nape of her neck, pulling her closer. 

Emery felt tingles as his skin touched hers. Sirius traced his thumb down her cheek, then very gently, he used a napkin to wipe her lips. 

"You had foam around your mouth, darling," he murmured, his eyes not leaving hers.

"Oh," Emery breathed. "Uh, thanks," she said breathlessly, still gazing into his stormy grey orbs. 

"You look really pretty today," Sirius whispered, as his thumb brushed over her lips.

"Uhh," Emery hummed awkwardly, her voice in a low, soothing whisper. "Thank you."

Her heart was beating erratically, and her cheeks were flushed a deep shade of red, having nothing to do with the cold. 

Sirius brushed her bangs away from her eye. "Emery, I..." Sirius began, leaning closer.