Gellert Grindelwald x Reader (Request)

Imagine: Being friends with Grindelwald as children, losing touch, and becoming reunited. (request for @BayBay08)

***

You ran through the field as fast as you could to get away from him. "Tag! You're it Y/n!" You spun around instantly sprinting towards him this time. "I'll get you, Gellert!" "Never!" He shouted back cheerfully.

After another 10 minutes of racing around the field by your house, you and Gellert slowed down and laid on the grass, panting heavily. You both looked up at the sky and pointed at clouds that resembled different items. "Look Y/n! That one looks like a broom!" Your gaze shifted to where your best friend was pointing and squinted. "You're totally right!"

After a while, Gellert sat up and looked down at you. "Y/n, I have to tell you something but I don't want you to get mad." After being in such a happy mood, he suddenly seemed sullen and upset. "You can tell me anything Gellert, you know that! You're my best friend!" He slowly took a deep breath in and said, "I'm attending Durmstrang for school."

Your heart sank immediately. He looked at the grass and picked some of the blades waiting for the response he knew was coming. "But you said you were going to go to Hogwarts so we could stay together forever!" "I know what I said Y/n and I'm sorry but I need to learn the full potential of myself and my talents, Hogwarts won't do that for me." As hurt as you were, you knew he was a powerful wizard and Hogwarts would only hold him down.

You stood up from the grass and grabbed Gellert's hands pulling him up with you. You stuck out your pinkie finger and said, "Promise you'll remember me?" He linked his pinkie with yours and said, "Promise."

*Years Later*

You had graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the top of your class
mastering Potions and Charms and were living in Paris studying a new type of plant that could be used in Underwater Breathing potions. One night when you were walking home you noticed a flyer that read, "Watch Gellert Grindelwald speak at The Lestrange Mausoleum tonight!" As soon as you read the name your stomach dropped and you snatched the flier off of the lamp post it was on. You ran home as fast as you could to get ready to see your best friend again.

What if he didn't remember you? What if things weren't the same and you didn't have the same bond you had as children?! Well, it was too late now because you had already apparated into the stands and we're looking down at Grindelwald yourself, and boy did he get hot while he was away! True, you had always found him attractive in an adorable way when you were children but now he had this mysterious edge to him that you couldn't seem to get enough of. Everyone cheered for him as he held his arms out with authority and you were surprised to see the substantial amount of people that showed up. The applause soon died down as he began to speak.

"My brothers. My sisters. My friends. The great gift of your applause is not for me. No! It is for yourselves. You came here today because of a craving, and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer. You came because you crave something new. Something different." As he was looking around the room his eyes suddenly landed on you. You couldn't breathe, it was like all the air was sucked out of you. He paused his speech for about 5 seconds staring at you before continuing.

"It is said that I hate le Non-magiques. The Muggles." People all around you started whispering amongst themselves gossiping about the Muggles. "The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them; I do not. For I do not fight out of hatred. I believe that the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition. Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we could make for all humanity, we who live for truth, for freedom... and for love." He looked at you again and smiled. Your cheeks heated up as you smiled and timidly waved. Wait you waved?! Y/n? Why would you wave that's so embarrassing!

"The moment has come, to share my vision of the future." He put his hands behind his back, "That awaits if we do not rise up and take our rightful place in the world." Just then a woman walked up to him holding a skull hookah. He took the skull and blew out a silvery smoke that erupted into what looked like a huge battlefield with dangerous weapons and falling buildings. Everyone around you panicked and you looked at Grindelwald not knowing what to do as he was disregarding the terrified crowd. Then, a bright flash of light emerged and a giant mushroom cloud rose into the sky.

"That is what we are fighting! That is the enemy. Their arrogance, their power lust, their barbarity. How long will it take before they turn their weapons on us?"

(Okay for the sake of this story let's ignore the whole blue fire and Auror thing)

At the end of his speech, everyone applauded vigorously and the crowd started to die down as everyone left. Once the stragglers had finally gone and the entire mausoleum was cleared out, you walked down from your seat and into the middle of the giant room.

Once Gellert was in front of you, you smiled brightly, "I missed you, Gellert." "I missed you too, Y/n." You wrapped your arms around his torso and hugged him. He seemed surprised to be shown this kind of affection after going without it for so long. You never wanted to let go and you stayed there as long as you could. After a few minutes  you had to let go and looked into his eyes again.

"You've been busy I see." You said as you looked around the giant hall. "I have. I'm the beginning of a movement that will last for decades. I did miss you Y/n, I wanted to see you sooner but my plans kept me from doing so." "I understand, you've sure gotten taller since I last saw you" You smiled and stood on your tiptoes to try and reach his height. He lightly laughed at your joke and said, "And you've gotten even more beautiful since the day we parted."

He put his hands on your back again and your heart flew as color crept up your face. "Thank you, Gellert, there hasn't been a day that I've stopped thinking about you." "Nor I you, love." He continued looking into your eyes as he leaned down and kissed you. Your eyes fluttered closed and you kissed back. You wrapped your arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. You stayed like that for what felt like forever until you finally pulled away.

"I've always wanted to do that," he said. You noticed a bit of pink color dusting his face. "Awe you look so cute when you blush!" He laughed but got serious and said, "I want you to stay with me Y/n. My plans for the Wizarding Community are so close to being put into action and I want you by my side when that happens." You thought for a moment and said. "I'll always be here for you Gellert. Of course I'll stay by your side!" "Thank you, my love." He said as he leaned down to kiss you again.

The end
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's me again! Hope you enjoyed!