Sweeney Todd x Reader

Imagine: Being the only one home when Judge Turpin comes to the Barbershop for a visit

***

You were standing in front of the window looking over the street. You watched the busy people of London scurry about in their own worlds. From above, you felt able to escape from all of humanity and looked at everyone from the outside in but you knew that to everyone else, they were all at the center of their own lives and it made you feel smart being aware of that little fact.

You heard the bell of the door to your husband Sweeney's barbershop and smiled. "Well, you're home early." You turned around but weren't met by the puppy dog eyes of your husband, but someone much worse. You had only heard of him from stories. This was the man who kept your husband awake in the late hours of the night after waking up from nightmares of his previous life in London with his wife and daughter. This was the same vile man who stole his happiness. But you were determined to bring it back, by any means necessary.

"We're closed." You said calmly. Judge Turpin closed the door and looked around seeing no one else. "I can see that." He looked back at you. He slowly walked forward. "I'm afraid my husband isn't home at the moment so if there is something I can personally help you with, I'd appreciate it if you left." When he took a step forward, you took a step back. You did this until you were against a wall and couldn't go further.

"When do you expect your husband's return?" "Any moment I'm sure, he was just walking around town with the woman in the shop below ours to scope out the place. Get to know possible future customers, things like that." He didn't seem convinced. "Ah, I see. Well, what a shame for you." He looked around again. "Excuse me?" You furrowed your brows in confusion. "He left his plaything at home with no supervision." With him looking away from you and you brushing off his comment, you took this as the opportunity for action. You breathed in and tried to make the air lighter.

"Well sir, if you'll excuse me, I've got a bit of cleaning up to do around here so if you don't mind." You opened the door but when you looked back at the Judge, he was right in front of you. He slammed the door shut. "I'm sure you do my dear, but I think we can come to some... arrangement."

He looked awful up close. He hadn't shaved in weeks and his breath wreaked of alcohol but you maintained your ground. "I don't think so, sir." You narrowed your eyes at him almost daring him to try something. "Pity, this whole time I've been here and you assumed you had a choice." He pushed his body onto yours and kissed you. You were appalled. If this leech of a man doesn't get off me I'm gonna throw some hands. You tried to push him off of you but he gripped your hands and held them together. You bit down on his tongue and he yelped and stumbled back.

You opened the door and jumped down half of the stairs when you ran into a solid lump. You almost fell if you hadn't been caught by strong arms holding you up. Your eyes travelled up the lump you ran into and saw Sweeney looking at you with concern in his eyes. You opened and closed your mouth like a fish out of water and all you could get out was, "Turpin... up-upstairs." The second he heard those words he let go of you and walked up the stairs. Ms. Lovett led you into her shop for some comfort and a drink while you waited for Sweeney to come back after performing the inevitable.

Minutes seemed to pass like hours. You heard yelling and a couple of thuds but couldn't make anything out. Sweeney finally came back downstairs covered in red. You immediately got up and ran to him. He opened his arms and you both clung to each other for dear life. "It's done Y/n. He'll never bother us ever again." You looked up and he wiped a single stray tear from your face. You looked into his eyes that held such darkness around others but the second he ever saw you, no matter how his day was going, he would just have to look at you and all his sadness would melt away in an instant.

The end
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey there! Sorry for not posting, I'm pretty sure my best friend of two years and I aren't friends anymore and I've been dealing with that. But I can always do requests super fast so if y'all have any ideas I got you. 😼