Victor Van Dort x Reader

Imagine: Walking with Victor after he messed up his vows.

***

"Are you sure Y/n?" Victor questioned. "Of course I am! There's nothing better than a walk in the forest to de-stress after you totally bombed your rehearsal vows with your bride-to-be!" You responded. Victor huffed, "Maybe so, but you're not being very nice about it." "Awe, I'm sorry Victor." You said smiling brightly.

You both walked in comfortable silence for a minute or two, you were looking all around the forest at the barren trees and dead crunchy leaves on the ground below your feet. You looked back up at Victor who had been staring at the dirt the entire time.

"You know, you weren't completely awful back there, " You said trying to get his hopes back up. "I mean besides the whole, "With this candle...I will...oh... I will set your mother on fire thing." You said stumbling around like Victor had been at the altar merely 15 minutes ago. Victor slightly chuckled but soon stopped and said, "Oh, Victoria. She must think I'm such a fool."

This time you were the one to look down. Victoria. You knew it wasn't exactly her choice to be marrying Victor but your heart still ached every time you thought about the two of them; married, children, and happiness while you were left to rot on the curb. You and Victor had been unexpected friends ever since your childhood. You, confident and fearless, and Victor, well... Victor was Victor. You were practically polar opposites, yin and yang, and that's why the two of you worked out so well.

"Y/n? Y/N!" "Hmm? What?" You were snapped back to reality by Victor waving his ghostly hand in front your face. "You were daydreaming again." "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that."

You were both silent for another moment until you thought of something. "Hey, you've still got your wedding tomorrow and you need to get your vows down solid, so how about I help you practice?" "A-are you sure Y/n?" Victor said hesitantly. "Completely sure Victor." You said with a small smile. Maybe he wouldn't be the husband you always asked for, but he was still your best friend. "O-okay then." He rubbed the nape of his neck."

You both stood in front of each other, both of your hands in his, he was slightly trembling. "Hey, it's okay." You rested your hand on his cheek and he slightly leaned into your touch. "Okay, I'm ready." Victor said with determination.

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows, " He took your hand off of his face and held it gently. "Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine, " He looked deep into your eyes. "With this candle, " He let go of your hands and snapped off a small tree branch. "I will light your way into darkness, " He threw the branch and pulled out a beautiful gold band from his inside jacket pocket. "With this ring, I ask you to be mine." He placed the ring on your finger and stared into your eyes.

In that moment, hours seemed to pass by. Nothing was happening. You both just stared into the eyes of each other for what seemed like years. Come on! SNAP OUT OF IT Y/N! "Oh screw it." You said out loud. You pulled his head towards yours and kissed him with all the love you had.

You thought about your past with him. When he taught you piano and you played beautiful duets together. Dinners at his house and talking with his family. Sitting near his desk watching him draw butterflies that he never had the heart to kill and always set free when he was done sketching their beautiful patterns. There was no doubt in your mind that he was the love of your life.

Slowly but surely, you both pulled away. He slowly opened his eyes and had a look of dread on his face. Your stomach dropped, and not in the good way it had when you had kissed moments before. What were you thinking? He was getting married to someone else, tomorrow!

"Oh my goodness I- I am so so sorry Victor I-" You were cut off by Victor's lips again. You pulled away. "But, I thought-." "I can't marry Victoria tomorrow Y/n. It wouldn't be fair to her or- or to you." "What?" "What I mean to say is, I don't want to marry her. I want to get m-ma-" "Married" "Yes! Married to you. I love you."

You had the biggest smile on your face. You ran up to him and bear hugged him almost knocking the wind out of him. "Oh Victor! I love you too!"

The end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys liked it! This is my first time writing on here so please give feedback if you want! 🤠