Part 8

AN: fluff, bit of angst and a build up to the eventual smut in the next chapter.

All mistakes are my own and the devil dyslexia.

8.

Megan

In the car ride back to the compound I doze off with my head resting on Bucky's shoulder. He gently wakes me and sits me upright, his beautiful blue gaze on me. I smile at him and he gives my thigh a reassuring squeeze. The doctor told them that they can't let me sleep properly for a few hours and if I pass out, start being sick or experience any memory loss I have to go back. My head is fuzzy, I'm a little dizzy and it kills, I'm so tired.

Nat is driving us, Steve in the passenger seat. Every now and then he turns to check on me, a little smile on his face. Nat has had a smirk plastered on her face since we got in the car, she knows that the three of us like each other and I think she may have seen the kiss I gave them both, she has watched them watch me and is obviously highly amused by it all.

I look between these two men, big men who are powerful and strong and realise that they are just so much more, they are truly beautiful inside and out. They make me feel that it's ok to be scared, which I am. I have been scared for years, its second nature now, being petrified for my life seems normal. I feel better that I told them about Ryan, some of what happened anyway. I feel better that they have glimpsed the Monster, that I'm not mad that he is real and he is scary and it's not something my mind has made up. Because sometimes I feel crazy, I feel like it's not real. How could this horror be real, but it is. I feel a little more like me right now and that maybe it's ok. I hope that they both are not disappointed that I'm not the confident person I played so well, that I'm really a mess of a girl. But again, I feel like it's ok with them to be a little weak, to be a little scared or to just be little.

As we park the car and I get out, I wobble a little, Steve is there to steady me and he takes my hand as we walk into the compound. I can hear raised voices coming from one of the offices as we pass by. Then Tony and a blonde woman are walking towards us. She is tall, her hair is straight and long, she's thin, perfectly shaped and beautiful. I see Bucky's face fall and he mutters "This oughta be good."

She walks to us and smiles at Steve, looks at our joined hands, the smile only wavers for a second. "Hi Steve." She coos it at him.

I move away a little and sit on one of the plush sofas rubbing my hands over my eyes. "Sharon." Steve says it, but avoids her eyes.

She looks to Bucky. "Bucky."

He smiles at her cockily and crosses his arms over his chest. "You know only my friends call me that, maybe you should stick to Barnes or even better how about you just kiss-my-ass." I think these two may have some history.

"Buck." Steve gives him a warning glare.

"Mature as usual I see." She bites her reply to him.

"Bitch as usual I see." He glares daggers at her smirking to himself, he then looks at me and winks casing mr to smile back at him.

Tony laughs and gestures between the two. "Okay if you are finished fighting over the Captain, lets get on as I've missed dinner reservations and I think Miss Potts wants to boil my head instead." Oh, so her and Steve are the ones with the history. He looks at her then and I see it, they had something once. The way that she stares at him makes me again recognise my own failings. She's strong, beautiful, not like me. I bet she can handle herself, I bet that she would of fought harder.

"I'm here officially from the CIA, they want the Avengers help to bring in Parsons, he's wanted in several different countries  for arms dealing and the theft of nuclear weapon schematics that happened about three months ago and now he is slowing stealing the materials to build it." She looks around everyone as Nat sits down next to me and leans back causally throwing death glares at Sharon. Does everyone dislike this woman?