13

A/N: Did not have time to edit this btw, I'll do it after school!

Thalia

Breakfast the next morning was quiet. Almost everyone was hungover, so no one was making a huge effort to chat. I hadn't seen Ace yet and wanted to keep it that way for a little longer. 

Unfortunately, the universe wasn't quite listening to my hopes. Halfway through our quiet breakfast, Ace and Liam entered the Great Hall. Liam sat down next to a tired Anna while I heard Ace walk towards me. I made no effort to look up and acknowledge him. 

"Hey," he said quietly, sliding into the seat next to me. I didn't respond. "I wanted to apologize for what I said last night."

"It's fine," I muttered, stabbing a piece of egg with my fork. I still didn't look up to acknowledge him. 

"Thalia," he said quiet enough that only the two of us could hear. I reluctantly looked up to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Ok," I shrugged, before turning back down to my food. He didn't press on which I was thankful for. 

We ate our quiet breakfast and made some small-talk, though most of us weren't in any mode to talk. As far as I knew, Ace and I were the only ones who knew about our small fight which was definitely good.

Of course I would forgive him- there was no point in staying mad. He had been right for the most part. I had been stupid last night. I hadn't drank since Roman's death and I needed a release of sorts. If anything, drinking was better than the alternative option, but it had still been unwise. 

What I hated, however, were the words he used. They weren't just meaningless adjectives. He hadn't meant to say them aloud, of course, but deep down he meant them. They all did. 

Delicate.

Weak.

Fragile.

They were all thinking it.

Even if it was true, it hurt to hear aloud.

So I could forgive him for being concerned about me, but it would take me awhile to forget those words. 

"Any plans for today?" Liam asked while grabbing a piece of toast. 

"Sleep," Anna groaned.

"Now you're thinking like me," Liam smirked and took a bite of his toast.

I cracked a small smile and continued eating. 

We did just as Anna suggested for the rest of the morning. I didn't have the energy to do much else, so I was happy with the way we spent the morning.

In the afternoon, we decided to go to Hogsmeade for a warm, hangover-curing meal. The seven of us walked down to the village on the brisk day. It was nearing mid-late fall now, past the point where the trees were pretty and more when they were dried up, crunching on the ground. Nonetheless, Hogsmeade remained the picture perfect town as always.

We walked into the Three Broomsticks and got a table, Liam ordering us all waters. I felt Ace staring at me, but continued to ignore him for now. 

"So," Liam said, drumming his fingers on the table, "Any notable highlights from last night?" Practically everyone groaned at this but remained interested. 

"Joe puked twice," Augie said, "And snogged-"

"Mate," Joe elbowed him. 

"What?" Anna's eyes lit up. "Joe, who did you snog?"