"I SAID I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!" I shouted again.

"OH OKAY!! " She shouted back.

"I hope I wasn't late!" I shouted.

"Now way! The middle of the party is always the best!" Daniel shouted on the top of his voice.
He got off his chair drinking down the last of his coke and throwing the can into the dustbin next to the bar.
It landed in.
Some of the boys at the bar praised him.

Daniel was right. The party seemed so lively. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten all worked up about being late.
Daniel whispered into Nicki's ear. She nodded. He kissed her forehead gently and went to join the dance floor in the middle of the room.

Nicki turned to me and I gasped at her outfit.
A pink spaghetti hand crop top, black knife pleat skirt, and a white jacket tied around her waist. She had a bottle of fanta in hand.
"Nicki...your outfit..you...You look awesome!!" I said adoring her look.

"Pft! Whaaaat?? Girl look at you! You look so cool and nerdy...but so cute!!" She cooed at mine.

The music got louder.
"WHERE'S CAROL?!!" I asked.

"RESTROOM! UPSTAIRS!! LET'S GO!!"

She grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs passing people who stood by or chatted near.
Victor called out to Nicki and winked  flirtatiously at her. Nicki waved him off and we went into the hallway upstairs.
There were doors that we assumed led to rooms. Nicki opened a door that was on the  right side of the hallway and we went in.
There was Carol in the restroom, in front of a mirror, applying eye liner.
She looked different-in a good way.

She wore a white shirt, with black leather skinny trousers and black boots. She had her hair in a bun and wore a black neck collar.
She faced us and her eyes widened at me.
"Holly?! Omg! You're here!"

"You know it girl!" I said as we hugged.

"Let me in on that! " Nicki said as she joined the hug. We parted.

"Woah Carol...you look...you look.."

"Different?" Nicki smirked.

"Yeah that!" I said to her.

"Yeah, I've had 6 people tell me that since I got here." Carol chuckled. " Anyways we're glad you're here. What took you so long? We thought you won't show up."

"Sorry I ignored your calls. I was really busy." I apologized.

"With what?" She asked.

"It's a long story. I had to attend a ceremony with my family. It's all over now."

That was a lie.
The main ceremony ended at 9pm but there was an after party for only the scientists for an hour. Meaning, the whole ceremony always ended at 10pm.
My chances of coming back home would be either at 10:30pm or 11:00pm.

But I didn't tell them that.

"Oh okay." Carol said. She looked at my hair and started to chuckle.

"I see you didn't change your hairstyle. It looks so fancy and 'classy' " She said wiggling her eyebrows.

My eyes widened. I hadn't changed my hair style.
But Nicki said I looked great.
The place was warm so I tied my jacket around my waist just like Nicki did.
"Alright then..." Carol opened the restroom door.
"Let's go PARTYYYYY!" she squealed.

We all went down stairs sharing that same hype energy, down to the dance floor, dancing to the DJ's tunes as party lights showered on us.
Soon, my favorite song came on.
"Omg! I can't believe it's playing!" I squealed.