Minho And Iris Moments

How They Met

They met in December 2018. He was filming for The Return Of Superman with three children. Iris was with Seulgi and Momo practising and the four of them walked into the dance room and he knocked on causing Iris to pause the song as no one could know that they were preparing for this.
When Minho walked in with the three children they each got shy and hid behind him before they jumped out and scared the trio that were just dancing. Minho laughed after seeing Iris getting flustered over the children with one of them in her arms.
After that Seulgi introduced each of them to Minho and they each hugged him before they began laughing with the children. Seulgi watched as Minho looked at Iris looking intrigued at her.
With Seulgi after they finished filming for Minho that day and after Iris had left to go back to YG for practising for SBS Gayo Daejun and Momo went back to JYP for more practising. Minho came to Seulgi and asked for the number of the girl she was with today that he had learned was Iris. Seulgi gave him Iris' number and he worked up the courage to message her later that day.

When they began dating

Minho asked Iris to be his girlfriend on September 13th 2019. He did this a little over nine months of getting to know her and they are still going strong and thye only began dating in September because she was on a dating ban until August and they didn't see each other through August after the dating ban was lifted and then they saw each other through in September when Iris visited him.

Moments between Minho and Iris on and off camera:

* Iris and Minho's first date being at a small cafe on valentines day 2019 where they both had a tea and coffee and a sweet treat before they walked through a park and Minho walked her back to her dorms. They weren't spotted by dispatch or anyone at all when they were on the date which made them both happy as no one knew who they were apart from the cafe but they didn't know who the second person was in the private room Iris booked out only that it was a boy and they didn't tell anyone.

* Iris was there with Minho when he was sent off to Military Enlistment and she would facetime him often and once the world tour was completed for the summer she went to go visit him where he was staying.

* When the two were on Knowing Bros Iris never mentioned Minho as they weren't out when she was on for the first time in 2020. But she spoke about him in the second on as Minho had come back from enlistment and they had come out with their relationship as Dispatch had revealed them and they thought it would only be together when it was revealed.  Minho did speak about her on their episode with SHINee.

* Dispatch revealed them with lots of pictures of Iris leaving the BLACKPINK dorms and not coming back until late that night and they followed her as she was driven away from the company. There were about 6 different visits they caught her off to in 2019 and Iris and Minho on a date after he had come back from the military. Iris had seen him only over face time due to COVID 19 and they had both tested negative before they had met up and Iris was going to be tested after for her going on set for Cry For Me.

* Iris' favourite thing about Minho is his height and how much he cares about things

* Minho's favourite thing about Iris is her height as she is pocket sized and when he gets to watch her work and then when she messes with her hair which he did quite a bit over face time when he had his phone as he got it more often due to no visitors because of COVID 19.

* Minho realised he liked her in January of 2019 when he was watching her perform on an award show and she hadn't replied to him as she was so busy with rehearsal for it and he realised after he spoke with Seulgi about how he had been feeling with him missing her replying so much and she helped him realise that he likes her as more than a friend.

* Iris realised that she likes Minho as more than a friend when she wasn't couldn't freely see him when she was over in America and she got back and she met up with him on valentines day on her day off from filming Kill This Love.

* They had usually have dinner dates in mini cafes in a private room and then they watch a movie and due to COVID 19 Iris and Minho cook a meal together over face time and then have a disney + watch call so they watch the movie together and can still talk to each other at the same time on the same device.

* Iris was asked about Minho on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.

* SHINee teased Minho on Knowing Bros about how he would have made it known to the military group he was with that he was dating Iris without actually revealing it to them.

* Iris enjoys Minho's back hugs as he holds her protectively to his chest and he finds it funny when she gives him a back hug due to him being so tall compared to her as he is almost a foot taller than her.

* During their world tour Iris got missing him and even though they weren't together they both knew they liked each other. He ended up sending her a package along side some of her friends like Red Velvet and Twice and NCT and they all sent her a few things with hand written letters as she wouldn't be able to see them properly and Minho sent her a letter and a jacket of his which she wore quite a bit on tour.

* They were revealed to be a couple on November 17th the day after they met up after being tested.

Friends opinions of them being together

Jennie Jennie helped her cover up her meeting up with Minho when she would meet up with him in 2019. Jennie loved seeing them together over face time as he made her little bean happy and smiley all the time even when they couldn't see each other.

Jisoo Jisoo was very scary to Minho well attempted to be but that was because she was a mother bear to Iris and she approved of them being together very quickly and she just told him not to hurt her as she didn't want to have anyone hurt her child.

Rose Rose approved of him and she always noticed how much he treated her with respect and how he never forced her into anything and how cute they are and she has seen the pictures and she was there with Minho to calm her down after she saw that she had been outed by Dispatch for being with Minho.

Lisa Lisa is very close with Iris and she told Minho not to hurt her otherwise he will be dealt with by herself and her family will as well as they are like a second mother and father to Iris and Iris is Lisa's best friend and she doesn't want to have to deal with an upset Iris as she saw how upset she got over telling BLINKs that she is bisexual.

Sana Sana hasn't met Minho but she accepts that she really likes if not loves Minho and she will not let Iris be upset at all and she won't let him hurt her best friend outside of Twice.

Tzuyu Tzuyu is protective over her older yet shorter friend and always wants to protect her and she was over the moon when she found out her friend is dating and she just doesn't want him to hurt her.

Mina Mina was very calm after knowing that Iris is dating Minho and she definitely approves of him and knows that he will not hurt her.

Momo Momo helped Iris hide her relationship with Heechul and even though they didn't have any real outside dates they helped get her to the base in 2019 so she could visit Minho.

How did the fans react?

Sharwol's were happy and they were happy that they were annoyed that he was revealed to be in a relationship a few days after he had been released from the Marines and they wished that they had let him have a full day with his girlfriend before they released the information and not the night of them being reunited. Overall there were a few that were nervous about the age gap but they didn't say much.

BLINK's were happy that she had found love and they were a bit stressed over the age gap of the two idols but they respected her choice to be with Minho and the true BLINKs were so supportive and the fake BLINKs were so angry that they sent her threats that if she didn't split from Minho then they would try something she didn't give in to them and she sent them straight to the company with Lisa so it could get sorted as she was scared that something would happen.

Sharwol acceptance: 97%
BLINK acceptance: 87%