Chapter 68: An Ode to You

"So what about this jade ring?"

"Oh, yes, a super romantic story. It's said that the Prince had gifted a pair of this ring to his lover. Back then, there wasn't such tradition, but people found it romantic and hence it spread through the land. And now it has become ours too."

"And who was that special person?"

"Oh, no one knew who his lover was apparently. But he never removed his."

"Sounds like this Prince was a hopeless romantic...er, what was his name again?"

"He was the Third Prince...and his name, oh what was it?"

"Taehyung," you walked over to your two juniors. "Kim Taehyung."

"Right! Thank you sunbae!"

Jimin blew a whistle as he approached you. "Who would've guessed you'd be the one pursuing history classes and now teaching your juniors?"

Three years have passed since your unprecedented experience. You decided to continue taking the history class for further studies and now you were back in the museum as a field work with the batch of this year. Being a senior, the attendance was optional but you didn't miss a chance whenever you could come back.

Jimin has no doubt taken the same course but he didn't hide the surprise in your decision. Reasonable, because you never were a fan of history, thought it was pointless, until you experienced it. And then you could never feel like it didn't relate to you.

"What's with this change?" Jimin asked.

"Things change, Jimin-ah," you gave him a vague answer, the usual answer when he asked a similar question.

You never told him what you had gone through. He wouldn't believe it, and it was too painful for you to go over the memories. It was like tearing your bleeding heart open.

And so the only one who you could share the memory with was Yoongi.

After coming back to the present time, Yoongi vanishing like air, you concluded that nothing was a dream. It didn't take much time for you to find him—there weren't many families who lived being a shaman in the present days.

Checking where the Mins lived, you visited the place, and soon you faced Yoongi. He wasn't wearing a white robe, he was wearing a black shirt and black slacks, and his face was as dark as what he was wearing.

"How can I help you, stranger?"

Is the first thing he tossed to you the moment you entered the shop. He seemed to be doing the reception and no one else seemed to be visibly around.

"I'm glad you're a real person," you muttered. "For a moment, actually until I stepped in here I couldn't be so sure of your existence."

Yoongi sighed deeply, then led you out to the garden, somewhere more private.

"What do you want?" He said, with his voice dropping all the familiarity.

"I just," you started, almost choking on your own words. "I wanted to confirm what we experienced. I wanted to know if you were okay, Yoongi. Is that not allowed?" Surprisingly, your voice came out more emotionally than you had originally planned. His hostility wasn't what you expected.

"By okay, if you mean have I been chewed out hard, losing all my right to read fortunes, and salary to work for them as a slave for God knows until when, then yes, I'm totally okay."

"I'm...sorry?"

"Don't be. I brought this on myself," Yoongi sighed for the umpteenth time. Yoongi glanced over to the spacious garden that was neatly looked after of which he may have taken a part in. It was spring closing to summer, and the grass was fresh and green as it could get.