"I always knew there was a reason I looked up to you..." Keigo said. He got up and carefully moved Enji's hand off of him as he walked over to the large window that took up an entire wall of his office. He gazed out into the cloudy blue sky. Cool glass pressed softly against his open palm. For a moment, he almost felt like Rapunzel from the story his mother used to read to him every night when he was little... At least on the nights that his father didn't come home from one of his heists and stole her away to their bedroom mid-story, leaving their child to lie awake in bed, trying not to hear the muffled moans through the walls. 

 "You should have gotten yourself a better hero," Enji sighed, going to stand beside him. Gazing out the window, he could almost see the phantom memory of little Touya's face smiling back through the glass. He wondered if Touya was in Heaven, watching over his siblings and Rei... Heaven knows that Touya would never look down on him with love again. "You... and my other fans deserve so much better than a man who pushes his children to the limit and trains them till their bodies break from the strain. 

Keigo laughed cooly, feeling a tear slip down his face, "That doesn't change anything. That was my normal. The only thing that held me together was the commission's promise... their promise that I would be like you," Enji froze. He almost wanted to cry at those words. They made him sick... like him... Keigo wanted to be... like a monster... Asuka was hugging Enji's leg, smiling wide as she nuzzled him happily. Keigo could see her in the reflection in the glass. The image made his heart swell, and he let out a little whimper. 

Neither man spoke.

"You know, my parents pushed me into becoming the person that they wanted me to be as well... perhaps a little bit too much," Enji said, finally breaking the silence. Keigo looked up, tilting his head to the side a bit like a confused puppy. 

"Well... isn't that a good thing? They were invested in your life. They just wanted you to be the best 'Enji' you could be." 

"No... no. Trust me, it wasn't anything like that..." Enji turned away from the glass, looking down at his hands. Through his fingertips, he could almost see a younger version of himself. The child's face was covered in a dark smoke so thick that no features could be made out. "My parents... they made me forget how to think for myself... they made me forget myself... I remember back when I was in high school... I was dating Yagi actually... we were happy. Rei was my best friend... The only person I ever confided in. The only person I ever ran to when things got too much... Before my senior year, I had promised Toshinori that we would get married. No matter what anyone said. I didn't care about being number one. I was just happy for the boy I loved. I never even wanted to be number one... but my parents wanted it... The best... that what they always wanted. I had promised myself that I wouldn't ever forget myself, and yet I-" 

"Woah woah woah, look... I appreciate it, but I don't need to hear your whole life story. I get it, okay? I'm not going to become the commission. Not ever," Keigo drew himself to his full height and puffed out his chest. Enji smiled sadly as he watched him. 

"Oh all right, have it your way," Enji sighed. He still went over, looking down so that he could look Keigo right in the eyes. Keigo swallowed thickly. Those eyes were... familiar...

"I just want to tell you, don't let the commission change you, okay? You can promise all you want, but if YOU don't fight against it, what happened to me will happen to you, and you will lose everything including yourself... I'm sorry, that sounded harsh, I just... You're a good good man, Keigo. I don't want to see you go down that path. If you ever... ever need help, I'm here. You have my number. Just call me, and I WILL be there to help you," Enji looked away with a soft sigh, walking off. This wasn't in his hands anymore. As he was going, Keigo called after him. 

"Thanks, Dad," Enji froze on the spot at those words. He turned back at Keigo, giving him a gentle smile. 

"Anytime, Hawks... My family will always be open to you." 

Keigo's breath hitched. His heart felt so full of warmth that he thought that it would explode. He watched Enji leave. As soon as the older man was out of sight, Keigo's smile fell as he mused on Enji's words. 

Was he losing himself?