Falling in love was dangerous, but what's life without a little danger?

Although, the thing that caught Genevieve a little weird was Jonas—who offered herself to help Genevieve get ready as every best friend should.

The thing is Jonas hates dates.

Courtship from Daniel, Jonas was left traumatized after the dates she attended with her then-boyfriend Daniel. To say they went horribly wrong was the joke of the century, they went so horrifyingly wrong, that the blonde never dared set foot in that city again.

So it was quite odd that she'd invite herself to help, what was even weirder that once their call ended, Jonas stood all smiles at the door.

It was even odder that Jonas was early, the blonde couldn't even arrive on time for her own wedding.

Shaking her head, Genevieve slipped on a pair of simple dark gray jeans, her chest covered by a cropped black turtleneck top—her feat now clad with black flared heel ankle boots.

Carefully, Genevieve maneuvered her hands towards her hair, the hair tie in her hands twisting and turning, pulling the dark brown locks into a tight ponytail.

The brunette looked in the mirror, her eyes trailing around her face, a mental battle on putting on makeup or not.

Never in a million years would Genevieve imagine herself getting ready for a boy—it was extraordinary.

"Done," mumbled Genevieve, satisfied as she stepped in the dark hall, a certain noise catching her undivided attention.

Twisting her head towards her left, Genevieve caught sight of Jonas who was frantically rummaging through various drawers in her office. Another thing that was weird, no one knew where the office specifically was.

Due to certain safety purposes—Genevieve always had the habit of hiding her belongings. When it came to her office it was different. Every known criminal that has ever encountered the brunette was carefully documented inside a flash drive. A flash drive contained; crimes, robberies, kidnappings, heists, etc.

Anyone who had their hands on it could potentially destroy or empower themselves in the underworld. One of the many reasons why Genevieve was respected so much—she had power to destroy everyone if she wanted too.

If ever given the ability, Genevieve could simply turn the documents into the authorities, ruining everything. Which is also another reason why everyone chased after the brunette.

Everyone wanted to delete the electronics' contaminants but no one has ever been so close.

Quietly peering behind the wall, Genevieve's face contorted in anger. She didn't know how
Jonas knew about the office, no one about it.

It was hidden behind a heavy dark shelf unit that was generously filled with all of Genevieve's many favorite books, which were a lot. If you didn't find the brunette performing a heist or beating up some people—you'd most likely find her laying comfortably in her silk sheet bed with a good book in hand or you'll find her on a table writing her own stories.

Much didn't know about the twenty-two year old's many hobbies. One wouldn't exactly predict a major high-end dangerous criminal writing books or reading them.