"Okay, I will pick you up, Alessio," she said to Alessio. "Mhm," he said with his pancake in his mouth. I furrowed my brows at that because I hate when people make a weird noise when they eat.

I took my phone out to see what time it is.

7:45 am

"Shoot, I have to go. Bye see you at school Alessio. Bye, mom
love you," I exclaimed while leaving the house.

I walked up to the garage and opened the door. Inside was my baby. My bike.

"Hi, baby," I whispered and touched the seat of my bike. I took my helmet and sat on the bike. (^Pic of her bike^)

I adjusted my helmet and started getting into position.

I started the bike and drove off.

While driving I started listening to my playlist on Spotify.

I love listening to music while riding it calms me down from all the stress and sleepless nights that I have.

Music is my therapy. My escape. My everything.

Music has this effect on me that I can't describe. It's like music understands me more than the people around me that should help me.

My favorite artist is definitely NF. He raps about life and the struggle that comes within.

I stopped at a red light and pulled myself up from my bike so that I can sit straight on it.

For behind me I heard a few wolf whistles. I turned my head around and saw a few boys in the car looking at me.

"Nice ass, baby girl," one of them said. I shook my head in annoyance and showed them my middle finger.

I turned my head back forward and saw that the red light turned green. I started driving and made a few left and right turns when I reached the school.

Welcome to Millennium Brooklyn High School.

My mom used to go to this school but she moved after she met my dad.

My parents had the healthiest relationship. They married each other after a few months of knowing each other and they had me one year after they got married.
They met each other when my mom visited his Italian restaurant for the first time.

My mom said it was love at first sight. But I don't believe in love at first sight, that's bullshit. How can you love someone when you see them for the first time? Do they have something in their eyes for you to love? Or is it some voodoo hoodoo shit?

Anyway, they met each other and had a few dates, and that when my dad popped out the big question. And of course, my mom said yes.

My mom always told me love is something magical and you will find it when the time comes.

And I just say... Bullshit.

How can I love someone when I don't even love myself? That doesn't sit right with me.

But how should I know? I was never in love or never been loved. So how do I know what love, at first sight, looks like?

I shook my head and continue rolling up the parking lot of the school. I went to my usual spot and parked my bike there. I turned off the engine of the bike and got off of it. I opened up the seat from the bike and got out my jacket and my bag and stuffed it in the black leather jacket that I wear while driving.

I got startled by a high-pitched voice yelling my name.

"BELLA!" my best friend Nova exclaimed.

Meet my best friend Nova Floros. My best friend since I moved to California one year ago. A 5.1 feet tall girl with dirty blond hair and brown eyes.