2. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢 𝘍𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴 𝘋𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘌𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦'𝘴 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘍𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘊𝘰𝘪𝘯

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐄𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐧

December 15, 2019

IT DIDN'T HELP THAT PERCY ALSO FAILED THE MAIN REASON TO GO ON THIS RESCUE MISSION TO BEGIN WITH. Bianca di Angelo had joined the Hunters of Artemis despite Percy's best attempts to convince her to go to camp instead. She'd left her younger brother Nico behind, thinking it'd be fine since Camp Half-Blood was there to take care of him. If you asked Percy, it was a little selfish of her.

He wiped the dry tears from his face as he looked out past the hill. Annabeth was leaning on his shoulder, shaken from the events of the previous night. She'd been surprised by Olivia's actions, which possibly lead the daughter of the sun god to her own death.

"She saved me..." she murmured. "Percy, she..."

Percy didn't say anything when Annabeth started crying again.

"Dawn is approaching," Artemis said. "My brother will be here soon, but he will not be happy."

It didn't feel like dawn was approaching. The sky was dark and it was colder and snowier than ever. Westover Hall's windows were completely lightless. Percy quietly wondered if the teachers had even noticed the di Angelos and Dr. Thorn were missing. Hopefully, they didn't somehow remember Percy's name and cause him to be the subject of another nationwide manhunt.

The Hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up just a few hours ago. They didn't seem to be affected by the cold, unlike the half-bloods and Grover. Artemis stared into the east like she was expecting something. Bianca sat off to one side, talking with Nico. He glared at her and Percy could tell that she'd just told her brother of her decision to join the Hunt.

Thalia and Grover came up and huddled around Percy and Annabeth, anxious to hear what had happened when Percy spoke with the goddess.

Grover turned pale when he heard the news that the Hunters would be at camp while Artemis hunted a monster. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well for anyone but Liv."

"How'd they even show up here?" Percy wondered. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

"And Bianca joined them," Thalia said, disgusted. "It's all Zoë's fault. That stuck-up, no good-"