2. 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

May 27, 2018

CHIRON ASSIGNED THE TASK OF TAKING CARE OF THIS BOY, PERCY JACKSON, TO OLIVIA. Percy, Chiron said, was to be Olivia's most important duty until he woke up.

As of now, Olivia had a wet towel placed on Percy's head and wiped the sweat and dirt from his face. Under her breath, she hummed a tune from no real song. When that became too boring, she grabbed a CD and played Disney Renaissance film soundtracks instead. The background music helped her focus as she tried to organize the infirmary for the summer. There weren't any Apollo kids at camp during the school year, so it didn't have anyone to take care of it in the meantime. At some point while she was trying to organize her medicinal herbs, she heard him start mumbling.

"Yeah, I know," Olivia said. "You need your headtowel changed. Here I come."

She grabbed the towel and wiped his face gently, just as Part of Your World Reprise began. Olivia hummed along before she sang the song along with Jodi Benson. The first notes left her mouth and then it was like she was in a trance until she noticed how he was staring at her.

The way this boy looked at her was kind of weird, somewhere between awestruck and confused. Olivia pat his face with the towel and continued singing, lost in the melody.

"Pretty girl... I see you..." Percy said to her, his hand shakily moving upwards as if trying to touch her. "Hello, pretty girl..."

"What are you talking about, weirdo?" Olivia asked, knowing no one was there but the two of them. She stepped back to wet the towel again and approached him, gently placing the towel on his head again. His eyes opened once more, and for a moment, brown eyes met green. Then he mumbled something about mermaids and drifted off.

Olivia shook her head, looking at her CD player. "You a fan of Ariel?" she asked, mostly rhetorically. She swapped out her CD for one that played soft Disney Renaissance songs and sang along quietly. She did a bit of tidying around the infirmary before going to check on Percy again when she heard her timer go off. She felt it go off a moment before it actually did, and yet, she jumped anyways. "Oh," she said when she realized what it was. "Ambrosia time. Now, if only I could remember what I did with it."

Percy was stirring again, and Olivia was trying to find the ambrosia and nectar. A knock at the door was heard, and Olivia looked up as the door opened. Annabeth and Alice walked in.

"You kill him yet,Vivi?" Alice asked, pushing her bangs from her face.

Olivia turned to her friend, trying to appear humorless. "I am not dealing with you right now, loser," she said lightheartedly.