1. 𝘖𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘎𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘉𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

May 12, 2019

OLIVIA'S FOURTEENTH BIRTHDAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD DAY.

It was supposed to be her day, where she got to be all dolled up and fancy. She was decked out in pretty colors, with flashy earrings and hair done. A look worthy of the sun's daughter. Speaking of try her father, he was here for her birthday again. He was going to take her target practicing in the sun chariot after lunch. There wouldn't be a party this year because her birthday fell on a Sunday and school didn't let out for two more weeks, so she decided to keep it lowkey.

"You know, I don't want to say that you're a terrible poet, Apollo," Alisha said, rolling her eyes as she left the living room. "But... your haikus are awful."

The sun god scoffed. "I'm the god of poetry," he said. "My poetry is second to none."

"I don't know how I let you anywhere near me after that poetry thing you took me to," Alisha said.

Apollo ignored her, turning to Olivia. "I'm great, aren't I, Sunshine?"

"Eh. Rory said you sunburnt her last week," Olivia said from where she sat, painting on her new canvas Aurora had sent. "Mr. D said that he's gonna attack you for Alice almost getting sunburnt, too."

Apollo, sitting languidly on the couch in carefully picked white clothing, shrugged. "Can't help that I'm so hot," he said, flexing an arm. "That's just the perks of being the sun, Sunshine."

"Gross," Olivia replied, scrunching her nose. "Really, Dad?"

Alisha walked in, sitting Olivia's cupcake on the coffee table. Her smile faltered as she turned to the god. "Apollo, get your nasty shoes off my damn couch," she said, kicking at his leg.

It was a strangely domestic sight. One that Olivia had always loved seeing. There weren't many days in the year where her father could just come to see her and her mother without much fuss, so she cherished whichever ones he could.

"Oh, come on babe, you love when I'm here," he laughed. "Why you gotta be so mean today?"

Alisha grit her teeth. "Feet. Off. My. Couch."

He held his arms up in surrender, still grinning. "Sure thing, honey," he said, standing up. "My feet are no longer on your couch. Now, can I get a kiss?"