12. 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘔𝘦 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘖𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘶...

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐌𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

June 29, 2019

OLIVIA'S EYES SNAPPED OPEN. Olivia's eyes snapped open and she coughed as she sat up. The smell of dirt filled her nose and she struggled to breathe for several seconds. She looked out the window, where dawn hadn't even broken. She stood up and ran out of the cabin, still in her pajamas as she looked at the tree.

Seeing Annabeth there on guard duty, watching the Fleece carefully, she relaxed somewhat, slumping against the tree. "Thank the gods," she breathed.

She wasted no time in getting ready for the day, figuring it was best to keep going while she was still ahead. A storm had raged last night, but it parted around Camp Half-Blood as storms usually did. Lightning flashed against the horizon, waves pounded the shore, but not a drop hit their sanctuary. Unfortunately, this did nothing to stop Olivia's strange dreams from arising.

"The weather must've been responsible for that weird dream," she reasoned. She went out of her way to make sure she was distracted enough from the dream, even wearing all of the jewelry Percy sent her for her birthday instead of just her favorite ring. "Yeah. That's it."

The sound of the conch horn caught her attention, making her jolt up. Had something happened to Annabeth while she was protecting the Fleece?

It was still too dark for her to light beam unless she generated the light first, and that was too much. She shadow traveled to the hill and found Annabeth sitting beside the tree, eyes wide. Olivia followed her gaze to the roots of the tree, where...

No...

"Oh, gods," Olivia choked, feeling sick.

Within minutes, the entire camp seemed to be appearing, satyrs and nymphs and heroes in a weird mix of armor and pajamas. Olivia reached for the figure at the bottom of the tree, her throat feeling like it was closing.

I did this, she thought as she realized what was happening. I gave them the idea to get the Fleece...

Chiron appeared just as dawn broke, galloping in with a solemn expression. The storm had broken and the sky was bloodred.

There at the base of the tree, a girl was lying unconscious. A girl who was all too familiar to Olivia.

"It healed the tree," Chiron said, his voice ragged. "And poison was not the only thing it purged."