3. 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺'𝘴 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲'𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲

June 5, 2019

ALICE HAD TO HELP OLIVIA WALK FOR A WHILE. Knowing what happened to Thalia's tree left her weak and unable to move on her own. She'd collapsed in a fit of tears and then fruitlessly tried to heal the tree herself.

She'd had a dream about Thalia the night before. A terrible dream where Thalia's ghost yelled at her. She could still hear her voice in her head: You failed me, Olivia. You failed me.

Now she was sniffling, still holding Alice's hand as she continued walking on her own. She looked around at camp, but everything felt different. It looked the same-the Big House, the cabins, the training areas, and the fields-but the feeling of the camp had shifted. No one was enjoying themselves. They seemed much more worried right now, gathering weapons. Even dryads had taken to grabbing bows and arrows.

The forest itself looked sickly. The grass in the meadow was starting to turn a pale yellow, and the fire marks on Half-Blood Hill stood out viciously.

Him grinning wickedly at his success. Thalia's electric blue eyes losing their light. The slow, torturous walk to the tree only to touch it lightly and see it fall over completely. The last bit of Thalia gone-and then the end of camp. The end of all half-bloods.

Olivia shook her head and shivered at the thought.

No one spoke to them as they walked to the Big House. Some people did double takes when they saw Tyson, who Olivia was still pissed was there. But other than that, the campers just walked around giving messages or sharpening weapons. The camp was starting to feel like a military camp.

Olivia could not do military camp.

Meanwhile Tyson-the cyclops Annabeth had let in-was thoroughly awestruck by everything he saw.

"Whasthat!" he gasped, pointing to the stables.

"The stables for pegasi," Percy explained, still in awe. "The winged horses."

"Whasthat!"

Percy looked confused. "Um... those are the toilets."

"Whasthat!"

"The cabins for the campers," Percy huffed. "If they don't know who your Olympian parent is, they put you in the Hermes cabin-that brown one over there-until you're determined. Then, once they know, they put you in your dad or mom's group."