Warzone

Bianca

It was practically midnight when we rolled into Greenwood, Indiana. I worked on giving the black jeep we were driving in an invisible spell, so that we could speed on the road without the other drivers knowing.

We drove faster than the speed of light. Driving about 100 mph, speeding through each exit and each turn.

It was chaotic to say the least, but what we had waiting for us at Campsite Becker was even more chaotic.

It was raining so hard, it seemed like it was hailing. It was dark, and the headlights on Jackson's car weren't the best so we were slipping into everything. I'm surprised we weren't dead yet. "JACKSON, DON'T KILL US BEFORE XAVIER DOES, PLEASE." I shout to him, over the loud rain coating the outside of the car.

"XAVIER? YOU MEAN CRYSTAL?" He shouts back to me.

Eli and Zen were in the back, looking out the windows, trying to find anything.

"ELI HAVE YOU FOUND ANYTHING?" I shout to him.

Eli presses his eyes to the window. "IT'S TOO HARD TO SEE, BUT I SEE A BUNCH OF CABIN SO MANY WE CAN GO IN THERE."

Zen nods his head in agreement. The small man looked flustered and pale, like he was about to puke. I didn't blame him.

"WAIT I'M PICKING SOMETHING UP." Jackson shouts. We all turn to him. "I HEAR A GIRL YELLING, I THINK IT'S LUNA!"

"Shit," Eli mutters to himself.

"SHIT!" He screams again, then grabs Zen's hand to open the door. I grab his other free hand. "What the hell are you doing? If you leave you're gonna hurt yourself! What if Xavier is out there?" I snap at him. Eli looks at me like he's about to cry. "Xavier is gonna kill Luna if I don't get out now. I owe her."

I stare at him like he's crazy. "Luna?! She killed you ELI NO-" before I could finish, Eli already bursted out the door with Zen.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Jackson screams, banging his hands on the steering wheel. My heart was beating faster with each crack of thunder. "We need to go out and stop them. We need to do something--" I manage to choke out with sobs but Jackson puts his hand on mine.

"Angelita--Bianca--I can't lose you please I just got you back." He looks at me in the eyes. My mind was spiraling with thoughts. Should I go, should I not? "I-I- can't-t either, J-Jackson. Crystal.." My voice cries out. "God why can't we just be together, no fear?!" I question.

Tears stream down my face as the question echoes through my head. "I just wanna be with you.." I repeat. The tightness in my voice.

He closes his eyes, trying to blink the tears away but failing as some of them fell down hopelessly. "I know. I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I don't want to lose you. Not again, I'm sorry for leaving, I just don't want to run in fear anymore."

"Promise you won't?" I blurt out, more tears running down my face. I inch closer to him. He furrowed his eyebrows at me, almost like he wants to deny the words coming out of my mouth. "PROMISE ME JACKSON." My voice croaks out, sobbing even more.

He doesn't say anything for a while.

Finally, he nods. Then pulls my face into his, latching our lips together passionately. It felt good to have my lips against his. The first time in a couple of months. The strong, powerful kisses that he always gives me. The way that his hands grip my neck and tangle through my hair.

He pulls away, love dazzling in his eyes. "Promise." he whispers to me. I smile at him, finally satisfied with his answer. "Please, let me go save my friends. You stay here if you want--"