Hart Point Blake

Maya

"Is it gonna hurt?" Kira asks, staring at the nurse and Delilah.

"It might be a little pinch, nothing too bad. You won't even notice it happened." The nurse ensures her.

She slowly nods her head, gulping.

I stared at the nurse as she pumped the vaccine in the shot, clicking the needle together, prepping it.

I noticed Kira's eyes grow with fear as she stared at the needle intensely.

"Just breathe," Delilah reminds Kira, taking her hand out for Kira to grab.

I glance down at my phone, getting a text message from Dorothy.

Dorothy R.

I can meet you guys tomorrow at the HQ, then we can take a GPS there.

Sounds good. See you tomorrow.

Perfect.

I look back up at Kira, who now had her eyes shut tightly. She squeezed Delilah's hard, turning her hands pale.

I watched closely as the nurses injected the needles slowly into Kira's arm, immediately sending chills down my spine just by watching.

Kira kept her eyes shut as she didn't move at all, just inhaled a sharp breath as the needle pierced into her dark skin.

Her lips moved, as if she was mouthing her favorite song, all in her head.

Just like that, it was over. The nurse secured a small bandaid on her arm where the needle was injected.

"Done," the nurse says softly, taking her gloves off.

Kira slowly opens her eyes, staring at the bandage on her light arm.

"See? It wasn't that bad." Delilah states, a smile on her face.

Kira slowly nods her head. "Right,"

-

The next day arrived, the five of us heading down to the HQ to pick Dorothy up who just got out of the shower.

She had on a purple shirt with black jeans. A moon necklace wrapped around her neck.

She smelled like shampoo when she swung into the car, sitting in the passenger's seat next to me.

"Ready to go everyone?" I simply ask, receiving nods.

I look at the card that Peyton gave me, typing in the GPS on my phone, leading me to a clear destination.

I pull the car in drive, backing out of the Masquerade Striders parking lot, heaving into the road.

-

About 15 minutes later, we finally arrived at the Witch shop.

It was right next to a tattoo shop, not hidden at all.

We all stumbled out of the car, walking through the parking lot that was nearly empty.

The January weather struck low today, reaching only the high 60's as we hurried into this stranger witch pharmacy.

Walking in, it seemed like no one was there. Just a short gray painted waiting room, with a front desk that held a series of pills in the back shelves.

The man at the front desk seemed distracted, staring off into space as we stared at him, walking closer to him.

The whole place seemed on the sketchy side, but it was worth a try.