Happy New Year

Bianca

Today was New Year's Eve. The ending of a year was coming to a close, wrapping up all of the chaotic issues and death that had taken place this tragic year.

We were celebrating the fresh new year of 2018 at the Masquerade Striders HQ, where we'd party till our shoes fell off.

The new year was just one week after Drew's funeral, giving us the extra happiness boost to move into the new year with a positive mindset and hopefully a problem-free year.

Though with Xavier now after Luna, the problem-free hope for 2018 was dissolving by the second.

I had arrived at the HQ with Madeline at 10 pm, my stomach grumbling. Both of us had made sure to not eat too much the entire day, knowing that Delilah, Ashley, and Kira would be making a whole buffet for the Masquerade Striders and the group.

The December night was cold, colder than it was on Christmas, the snow a foot high, the sound of snow being slushed as Madeline and I made our way through the thick white snow.

I had made sure to wear a good amount of warm clothes, being the fact that the party was being thrown specifically outside. Most of the village was built outside, the only buildings built inside were the kitchen, Crystal's throne, and some little dorms here and there.

Little shops were planted throughout the HQ, some were small bakeries, a laundry company, and a knitting station. Many families that were poor needed to make money, so selling small baked goods and knitting scarfs and mittens for the cold season was the only way to balance a good, wealthy life, so be it.

The two of us walk in, through the main area, where the water fountain that once flowed clear, fresh water, was now frozen from the cold temperatures hanging from outside.

Gold and white lights hung from the walls of the village, and banners that had sweet Christmas quotes hung clear for all to see. As well as a huge Christmas tree planted in the middle of the village, next to the frozen fountain.

Hazel and Will spot us from the distance, walking over to us with pure smiles on their faces.

"Glad you guys made it!" Will says.

Madeline nods her head, "happy to be here."

Looking around, I spotted some other Masquerade Striders who lived here. They seemed so peaceful, being the fact that when Luna came back she and Hazel worked together to reactivate her moon and sun spell on the werewolves and vampires.

"Feel free to wander the place, you can call it your second home now." Will says with a smile. He extended his arms out wide, lingering on the word home.

Was this my home? Afterall, I was used as bait in order for Hazel and the group to finally come here to bring Luna back. Here, I was kidnapped and shot by the person I am now in love with and miss every second of the day.

It wasn't an exaggeration. To me, I could never imagine myself falling in love with the person that was originally supposed to kidnap me and kill me. He did one of two things, then proceeded to tell me how I was different to him, made it hard to kill, and it didn't make me feel as bad.

But then it took Jackson over a week to tell me his name, and also injected melatonin in my blood, making me pass out for hours and him leave me for five months only to come back Christmas eve to give me a compass that led me to him.

It all sounded crazy, but to me I liked crazy. Obviously since I was willing to--

"Hey Bianca! Good to see you!" Eli says as I randomly found myself wandering into the kitchen.

TSFS: The Return Of XavierOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara